Peek a boo Surprise

(A/N only half of this chapter is the same as the other book)

GLaDOS worked on testing as the child ran around doing child like things.

they spread their arms wide and ran in a big circle under GLaDOS, yelling "Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!" like a fly buzzing. Until GLaDOS got really annoyed.

"That's enough!" GLaDOS grumbled.

All of the sudden, the child fell to the ground and began to cry. She pulled back, disgusted. How weak of the thing to cry over something so small. Then GLaDOS saw the big dow eyes and the tears. Making her feel bad.

"Hey, don't cry. It's okay." But the child kept crying and rubbing their big eyes. "I told you it's okay, you can stop crying now."

The child looked up at her. GLaDOS' optic got brighter at the child's pitiful face and the child began to giggled.

GLaDOS dimmed her optic, in question and the kid looked like they were about to cry again. So GLaDOS brightened her optic and the child started to giggled.

GLaDOS realized what was making her happy and continued to dim and brighten her optic, playing a sort of peek a boo game with them. 'Anything to keep the kid from crying.' GLaDOS thought.

"Do you have a name?" GLaDOS asked. The child didn't answer. "Do I have to name you?" Still no answer. " I'll take that as a yes. let's see... You know what, I'm going to name you Y/N."

Y/n's eyes lit up. Then covered their eyes with their hands.

"What are you doing?" GLaDOS asked.

they opened their hands "peek a boo!" they laughs then did it again.

GLaDOS mentally smiles as Y/n plays peek a boo.

"Vroom! Vroom!" Y/n says as they crawls away. Making a big circle around the room, pretending to be a car.

GLaDOS watched Y/n for a bit, but then she heard a noise. A vaguely familiar crashing noise. She turned around to see... Her.

She thought she'd never see Chell again. She wasn't supposed to see Chell again. She sent her away. Forever. So why was she back? How did she get in? Well that one was obvious she broke the ceiling to get in. Was this child her's? Did she think GLaDOS stole the child? Why would GLaDOS steal a child though... especially one not old enough to test.

Chell looked up at GLaDOS with the same determined look she always had but it seemed to be somewhat softer then before. She wasn't in the testing jumpsuit anymore, instead she wore cuffed jeans and a plaid shirt. She still wore the long fall boots though. Chell looked at the child with a puzzled look when she looked down at the child who now was tugging at Chell's shirt.

"Mama, up, up!" Y/n demanded that Chell picked her up but Chell just stared down at her in confusion.

"Why are you back? Are you here for the child? Because if so take them I don't want them, but leave me alone." GLaDOS said watching Chell very closely. She had died, been put in a potato and fed to birds one too many times for Chell to be trusted.

Chell just looked at GLaDOS then pointed to the child then at GLaDOS as if to ask if she made the kid who was now latched on to her leg.

"No, I did not make them." GLaDOS said but Chell shook her head and pointed at her accusingly. "No, I didn't steal them. Why would I want Y/n? They're bothersome and unable to test because they're so young."

Chell put her hand down and started to pry Y/n off of her leg and held them. She pointed to the child with confusion.

"They wandered in here." GLaDOS said but again Chell shook her head. "Then what? Are you asking their age or maybe name, height?" Chell nodded which made GLaDOS a bit upset. If Chell would just talk or used sign language or anything it would be so much easier. "I don't know their age or name but they look to be about 3, I have decided to name them Y/n and their height is 94 cm. Happy?"

Chell nods and puts the child down. She started to do hand gestures. So she does know sign language thank goodness. "Do you even know how to take care of a child?"

"Well I highly doubt you know how to take care of a child either!" If GLaDOS had arms she would be crossing them. Could Chell leave yet?

Chell Seemed to take this as a challenge and sat criss cross on the floor in front of Y/n. This was going to be hard with Chell here. GLaDOS defiantly didn't want her here, but she's here now.

"If you're going to stay here then you're going to tell me why you're back!" GLaDOS said sternly but Chell was unaffected and just shrugged. "What do you mean?! You just came back here just cause?" Chell nodded but continued to keep her focus on playing patty cake with Y/n.

Now GLaDOS has to deal with a Mute-lunatic and a Child and she has to fix her ceiling and whatever else Chell broke to get in. Great.

(A/n: sorry this chapter was a little longer then what I usually do. Thanks for sticking with me though!)