Chapter 3

𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻,

  𝓽𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓻. 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓘'𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓻𝔂, 𝓱𝓮'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓮𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓾𝓵𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝓾𝓭𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓲𝓷 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷. 𝓣𝓸𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓐𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝔀 𝓱𝓾𝓰𝓰𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓶 𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓮𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻. 𝓘 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓘'𝓶 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓸𝓸 𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵.𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓫𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷.

𝓢𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂,
𝓨/𝓝

You and the other three survivors were seated on a dinning table  waiting for the game to begin. You didn't really know what to expect, it was your first game after all.

Andrew, Naib, and even Norton looked tense you know this isn't their first game but what made them so nervous. You decide to break the silence and distract them "what exactly is the game?"

"Well hermosa it's basically a twisted game of tag, there are four survivors which is us and one mystery hunter who sits over there," he pointed at a chair facing away from them. "The goal is to decode 5 ciphers and open the exit gates but most importantly, don't let the hunter catch you." You started to get nervous "what happens when the hunter catches you?" The whole room seemed to go silent

"You die." The Mercenary's tone was serious and almost scary. You felt your whole body tense up and you began to question if you were gonna see your mother again. "Don't word it like that you idiot! Pastelito when you 'die' you just get sent back here I know it sounds complicated but you'll learn to adapt soon enough."

You felt your stomach turn and you kept thinking "am I really going to die?" You were almost shaking you felt scared until Andrew held your hand, you blushed at his touch "Don't be afraid, I promise I'll make sure you make it out."

Hearing his words made you feel relieved. The front door to the manor opened signaling the hunter's arrival you couldn't see them but you could see their silhouette they looked to be about 7 feet tall and very slender they were carrying around what looked to be a cross they were terrifying yes but something caught you off guard

A meow, the hunter seemed to have a cat with them you found it weird but oddly adorable. When the hunter was ready everything went black for a few seconds and you were transported inside a church you didnt know how to describe it but the atmosphere made you uneasy.

Conveniently, there was a cipher machine right in the center of the church and you quickly got to decoding it. It seemed to be going well at first but then a calibration came and you missed it causing you to get shocked for a few seconds "Fuck.."

You got a hang of it pretty quickly until you heard Norton yell from across the church "The hunter has changed targets beware!" You felt your anxiety rise but you tried your best to finish the cipher that was about 75% done. One by one three ciphers popped you figured your teammates had worked on their own machines.

Right when you were about to finish your cipher you felt your heart beat getting louder and faster you quickly looked around and saw a black cat running towards you, you tried to run but it suddenly pounced on you creating a black circle with cat paws and eyes around you.

Your heartbeat started accelerating so out of panic you vaulted out the nearest window and started running as fast as you could and called out to your teammates "The hunter is near me!" You kept running fast, frantically looking for any of your teammates hell you'd be happy to see that asshole Naib right about now.

Although the circle around you was gone your heart kept beating rapidly and you could hear the sound of feet slapping against the floor and a cat aggressively hissing behind you, even though you were beyond tired you guys had one more cipher left to go "Just a little longer come on y/n keep running!" Just then the last cipher had popped and you heard a siren it seemed to travel across the whole place then you heard Andrew's voice all the way back towards the church "follow me!"

Hearing his voice gave you the strength to keep running you had to go back you had to see him. Determined you vaulted over a pallet to gain speed and ran back to the church you kept telling yourself "you can make it! Come on just vault over that window you're so close!"

Before you could reach the window another cat pounced on you, you desperately tried to vault the window but your head started pounding it was the worst pain you've ever experienced. Your heart was now beating uncontrollably and you felt a sharp pain on your back making you let out a blood curdling scream.

You were on the ground in unbelievable pain and you finally had a chance to see the hunter up close. She was a tall slender nun with glowing red eyes that sent chills down your body. Her cat wrapped around her arm and purred against her jawline. She picked you up wrapping balloons on your waist to carry you. You tried to struggle but there was no use all you could do was scream as you got closer and closer to the chair.

You closed your eyes waiting for you inevitable death to happen when you heard a click, there was magnetic device attached to the nun and Norton came running in your direction. "Don't worry! I'm coming!" The nun tried to land a hit on Norton but the magnet caused her to go backwards and hit the wall making her drop you.

As soon as she dropped you she tried to strike you but Naib took the hit for you and at first it seemed to do no damage "Naib.. thank you" The mercenary grabbed your arm and ran with you towards the exit gate "You can thank me later dumbass let's go!" Norton had the hunter's full attention as she desperately tried to land a hit on him. The cat on her shoulder hissed everytime she missed. He threw another magnetic device onto her which caused her to be stunned when it was activated giving Norton a chance to run.

All three of you ran to the exit where Andrew was typing the password "Y/n! Are you okay?!" His eyes seemed to lit up with hope when he spotted you "Yes I'm fine but please hurry Naib won't make it much longer!" The Mercenary was out of breath and his was body was slowly giving out, he needed you and Norton for support.

"Naib here eat this I know it's not much but you need all the energy you can get," you handed Naib a sugar cookie from a bag of sweets you had packed before the game. He hesitantly took the cookie stuffing the whole thing in his mouth.

"I got it!" The exit door slowly opened and Norton helped Naib get through the exit and they both made it out. Before you could get through a pair of cats had attached themselves to you and Andrew and the nun leaped in your direction. Your head began pounding again as she towered over you and Andrew. She swung to land the final blow on you but Andrew body blocked for you causing him to let out a loud groan.

"Andrew!" Before you could check on him he grabbed your hand tightly "Y/n let's get out of here!" You nodded and you both ran out the exit not letting go of each other's hand. Before leaving you managed to get a final look at the nun, her cat like eyes seemed to stare into your soul.