chapter 5

She was brought back to her senses as she felt two eyes boring into her, she looked at L to see him looking at her with his black orbs she jolted a little "is something wrong? You seem to be preoccupied" she calmed herself down and looked confidently into his eyes "nothing" she turned her eyes back to the screen he looked at her a little longer before focusing on the screen himself.

'He is a monster, nothing good ever happens to the people who are around him' she started drinking her tea to sooth herself 'a monster who will destroy everything' she focused at the screen to see nothing unusual just regular vehicles passing by the victims house she frowned 'but she died at 9:58 pm , and she was out till 8:30pm there has to be something' she revined the recording to 8:30 to watch again she saw a white car with black opaque glasses pass by the window at 9:20 she moved closer to the screen and revined "here it is the killer jumper from the car inside the window just like the Eng_" she flinched at what she was about to say , L looked at her suddenly making her nervous.

She tried to think of something quickly "the English movie I saw" he kept looking at her 'oh shit I messed up' he was looking at her like a hawk , she focused on the screen scared to look at him 'how could I, i shouldn't have got involved with this monster in the first place , he still doesn't knows anything ,I might just say wierd things when I am tired right?' she calmed herself down and looked at him with an expressionless face, he was still staring at her with his keen eyes.

"How many languages do you know?" She think carefully 'is he trying to figure out where I am from? I wouldn't fall for his games' . "I only know English and Japanese" she said confidently "I see, its really strange that you specifically mentioned 'the English movie' when that's the language spoken here" she twitched her face in irritation she looked at the clock it was 4 am .

'Not this time L' she looked back in his eyes with confidence "isn't it strange that you want to talk about how I speak at 4 am in the morning when I haven't slept all night , I maybe saying things weirdly because I am sleepy and what adds up more is that I just mentioned a possibility about how the criminal may have entered the victim's house" L looked at her for a moment before turning back .

"This invasion looks similar to the England mansion one, doesn't it?" She didn't moved her eyes from the screen "which one?" He eyed her "it's one of my previous case". She looked at him and smiled internally "oh tell me about it, if this is similar to that one then we will reach somewhere with this case".

"You can read about it in the library, infact there are other cases too" she took a breath of relief "I should go sleep" she stood up from her seat and started walking away she waited for a moment and looked back at L he was still in his crouched position staring at the screen she hesitated "L" he turned to her "yes" ."you should sleep too" he gave her a little smile .

She started walking back to her room 'why do I have to say that? But he looks so lonely' she took a deep breath 'monsters are best left alone' with that she entered her room and fell asleep as soon as she lay on the bed.

Wednesday

(Y/n) woke up to see the clock it was 11am ,she got ready quickly and head out to see watari outside "miss (y/n) would you like me to bring you something?" She felt wierd she didn't expected him to address her this formally "you can just call me by my name" she flashed him a smile "and can I get some coffee please" he looked at her warmly "ofcourse I have prepared some, could you take this with you I am goying in the control room" he handed her a tray with kettle and cookies with a few cups and sugar cubes "thankyou" she said smiling at the old man "would you like me to show you around the house today?" .

"No I will help myself, thankyou" watari smiled at her humbleness. She entered the hall to see naomi watching some photos she looked at the computers to see L in the same position as last night she wondered 'did he even went to sleep last night' she poured the coffee in a cup and handed it to naomi "(y/n) you are up why were you sleeping in so late?" She looked at naomi "do you want sugar?" Naomi tilted her face to look at her in eyes "were you up late last night? Didn't I told you to go to bed early?" She took a deep breath and flashed her a smile "good morning to you too".

Naomi smiled a little "I will let it slip this time but don't do that again" (y/n) walked over to the screens to see L watching the footage of 2nd murder, she poured the coffee and placed it next to him on the table she place the sugar cubes and cookies infront of him he looked at her "thankyou" she sat beside him on the chair to watch the footage "welcome" drinking her coffee she was thinking about what she found out last night 'this does really cuts down our list , there is no way anyone would know about the england mansion case since it was really confidential and also it was related to aristocrats only a handful of people in england would know about it and since the culprits were caught there is no way this criminal is the same but I can't mention that to him or naomi' she shifted uncomfortably 'if I search from these computers he will know and I don't have my laptop or phone' .

"L" called a guy, she turned to look at a boy who had glowing red eyes that almost looked scary ,he wore a black tshirt and had black shoulder length hair , she looked at him carefully 'those eyes.."

"He will be working with us on this case" naomi eyed him carefully "I am naomi misora" he looked at her "ryu ruzaki" (y/n) gulped L turned to her carefully noticing her he placed his hand on her shoulder she jumped a little suddenly "you ok?" She just nodded he kept looking at her like a hawk .she frowned a little sipping from her cup.

"And you are?" She looked back at the boy calming herself 'monsters I am surrounded by monsters, I can't , I need to control myself otherwise L will suspect me' she flashed him a smile "I am (y/n)" she turned back to the screen "(y/n) could you give the records you were reading yesterday to ruzaki" Naomi asked, (y/n) got up from her chair walked to the table she was reading the records on, she place the file in sequence and handed it to ruzaki. She kept staring at his eyes he glared at her ,she smiled "y_your eyes are beautiful" he raised his eyebrow "noone has ever said that everyone thinks they are scary" she moved a little "well that's my personal opinion" .

'I can't be in this room anymore i need to get out of here I need to find out who knows about the case , somehow I need to do something' she started walking away "(y/n) where are you goying?" Naomi asked her Without turning "I am goying out" she replied "you can't go out" she heard L saying. She started walking away "you heard him? Don't just walk away who involved a kid in this case in the first place" she was really irritated to hear ryuzaki saying that ,she formed her hands into a fist she started walking again "(y/n) come back here" naomi ordered her .

"(Y/N)" naomi called In a raised voice "I will stay inside, I will just go to the library L told me about yesterday, is that ok?" Naomi looked at L "yes that's fine" he replied ,she walked away 'wasn't asking you monster, I was asking my sister' she took some calming breaths and walked towards the corridors with many rooms ' I will just solve this case and get out of here , but how am I supposed to solve this case when I can't search about who knows about that case?" She looked to a door with book sign this must be library.

'Fuck this' she looked through files with names 'hmm the bloody night of Japan seems intresting' she picked up the files to start reading them and sit on the couch, she was so amused reading the file report 'Amazing I wish I could have worked on this too' the time drifted by fast she saw the clock to see it was 11pm already. Naomi must be in bed and L would have glued his eyes to the screen she walked out of the library and looked through corridors 'what's in all those rooms?'