chapter 6

(Y/n) walked further inside the corridors to see many rooms 'how big this place really is?' She entered the room next to library and her eyes widened with a big smile to her face 'am I in heaven?' She looked around the room full of all kind of games, her eyes lighted up at the sight she saw , she never got a chance to ever spend any money on games and when she was adopted in misora's family she never wanted to spend their money unless necessary, her school was also funded by scholarships ,she was more than glad that she got a family she loved her sister immensely.

She walked in to look at the claw game she started playing ,after 5 turns 'shit who knew this is that tough it looks so easy, I ain't leaving until I win' she tried more times she finally won a cute little cat 'yay , if mandi ever comes to this place she will go crazy' she was missing her best friend 'what would she be doing without me? She would kill me for ghosting her like that' she giggled and hugged the soft toy walking out of the room she entered in the next room and saw a big auditorium she wondered 'he would be sitting alone here tough' she imagined L sitting there alone in his crouched position she sighed "tch" .

She walked out of the auditorium and looked at the corridors there were many other rooms but she walked to the room that was at the end of the corridor she entered inside it, looking around she saw a white room with a closet and many laptops and scattered files around the table, she moved closer to table and saw an open drawer 'this must be L's room, she looked at the clock 1am it's not like he would be coming here anytime soon' she moved towards the table to open the drawer .

She noticed some photos and picked the photos to see near mellow and L in the photo , she looked at the second photo to notice beyond, L and one other boy , she opened the second drawer to see a third photograph it was the childhood photo of L and (y/n) in which she was holding a book.

Flashbacks

She walked back from the park to to see her twin brother looking at her with saddened expressions "(y/n), I am sorry I couldn't manage to make any money today" she could see tears in his eyes "hey it's ok look" she showed him 20 pound she received "we can eat food today" she smiled at him "where did you get that much money from?" . She mentioned all about her day to her brother.

"Did they hurt you ?" He asked her with worried expectations she flashed him a smile "nothing I can't handle" he patted her head "so you are gonna learn to read?" She looked in his eyes with a wide smile "yes isn't that amazing, I can then read the crime section myself I wont have to wait for 2 hours for olo to reach that section"

Next day she went to park but the boy wasn't there, she waited for some time and left she didn't saw him for next 3 days ."(Y/n) did you meet him today?" She looked towards her hopeful brother "no" he patted her head "it's ok he will come tomorrow" she just nodded .

She was selling newspapers as her usual routine 'he isn't gonna show up anyways I should just run some errands instead of going there' she frowned"what's the best book you have?" She picked up a book without looking at the speaker "this sir" she picked up a book in her hand "that is what we will read today" she looked up to see the boy from that day her eyes lit up "L" he looked at the girl "you said you would find me but I didn't saw you in the park so I found you instead" she looked down shamefully "I taught" he held her hand and lead her to the park "I know" he uttered she was embarrassed for not trusting him. She taught he wouldn't show up so she stopped going to the park.

They both sat on the bench L started teaching her from the alphabets she learned it in the first go he then taught her some simple 3 letter words she managed it in no time he then handed her the book "I want you to read the first page" she took the book happily and tried to read it aloud she managed to read the whole page flawlessly missing only a few complex words , L was amazed to look at her progress on the first day itself.