When You are Tempted

Minsan mahirap talaga iwasan ang tukso. And I am guilty of that. Dumarating sa pagkakataong iniisip kong hindi ko siya gagawin. Pero huli ko nalang mare-realized na nagawa ko na pala. Pagkatapos ay magsisisi ako at makakaramdam ng guilt. Iniisip ko kung karapat-dapat pa ba ako na humarap sa Kanya, or magtatago nalang ako at magpe-pretend tutal wala namang nakakita?

Pero meron palang nakakakita at iyon ay ang Diyos. Wala akong maitatago sa Kanya.

Inaamin ko hindi ko talaga kaya na labanan ang tukso sa sarili ko lamang but by the power and grace of God.

The temptation said:

- Turn stone into bread

- Throw yourself down

- Bow down and worship me

But JESUS answered:

Matthew: 4:7 (KJV)

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Reflection:

It shows the power of Jesus as a Son of God. That He can turn the stone into bread, but He did not follow the tempter. He does not use His divinity to show His power in vain but only He does the will of the Father.

It shows that man cannot live only by the food of the flesh but by the food of the spirit and that is none other than the Word of God.

Application:

Beware that we may not fall into temptation. Let us ask God to give us wisdom and full understanding of His will. May the Spirit of God give us the power of discernment so that we may know the things that are not according to His will. Because even the enemy use the Word of God.

*******