⸝⸝ 𝟎𝟎𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 ◞

The Marleyan survey fleet comes into better view as it's lifted in the air by Eren's Titan

The Marleyan survey fleet comes into better view as it's lifted in the air by Eren's Titan. Hange enthusiastically leans her foot onto the rock as she yells a warm but taunting welcome to the Marleyan soldiers on the boat.

"I am Hange! I'm here to receive our distinguished guests who've come here from oh-so-far across the sea! Your long voyage must have left you tired! Come, why not join us for a cup of tea!"

(a/n : this was written before this ep was animated so most lines aren't accurate to the anime but accurate to the manga)

Y/N chuckles under her breathe beside Levi, who stands there unfazed by Hange's sudden act. As she grabs onto Niccolo, who arrived not so long before the boat, and starts tormenting him in front of the new guests.

The captain of the fleet, along with the soldiers, all look confused and a little nervous especially with the presence of Eren in his titan form just next to their ship looking down at them. The fleet's captain decides to fight back, knowing there's probably no way out now, and points his gun straight towards Hange.

In a blink of an eye, an anonymous gun goes off, leaving everyone in the area aghast. "What the-" Y/N barely audibly whispers, grabbing her gun incase. The now dead captain's head hits the ground as blood seeps through the deck. The person who fired the shot now in view with their gun still pointing right at the captain.

"...What're you doing, Yelena?!" One of the Marleyan Soldiers shout at the person who shot the bullet.

"Put down your weapons." Yelena demands back to all the shocked soldiers. The soldiers glare at each other anxiously but quickly do as they're told.

"..." Y/N looks at the strange woman with a piercing gaze. Now that's one tall woman.

"Hange." The tall woman drops her gun, "I'm honored to receive your invitation. Now how about that tea?" She yells before diverting her gaze to Eren, "I've so wanted to meet you, Eren."

-

Soon after their arrival, Hange and Levi have a meeting with Yelena and Onyankopon, explaining the scene that just went on and that they're working for Zeke, before laying out his plan to them. They convincingly hand out their loyalty to Paradis, leaving Hange and Levi no choice but to put their trust in them.

Hange later glosses over the details of the conversation with Y/N in private.

Y/N's POV

"They call themselves the Anti-Marleyan soldiers and their goal is to free the Eldian people" Hange finishes explaining the meeting to me but I stay staring back at her displeased. How can they just trust them like that, I don't know how to respectfully tell my Commander that she's out of her mind. Hange clears her throat, concerned why I've stayed silent, "...Y/N-?!"

I slam my hands on the table almost pushing myself across it, leaning closer to her side. "Are you insane?! How do you know these people are trustworthy? It's Zeke Yeager after all, goddamnit." I quickly sit back down, knowing that what I just said to her was inappropriately impolite.

Hange simply chuckles, whilst getting up and patting my head, "Oh, cmon why are you acting like this? Let's go to the meeting with the higher ups, I'll see if I can convince you there." I just sigh as she leaves.

I'm fortunate for Hange letting me in on the information that's been laid out even before the higher ups find out. However, even if what they say is true and if they truely want to work alongside us and even improve Paradis, something is missing.

I walk outside, and notice the two volunteers from before a few good metres away, but with this new found information I don't feel any safer around them. Instead I narrow my eyes at the tall woman registering her.

She's working for Zeke, that's for sure. Everything she said in the meeting with Hange and Levi seems legitimate, but I get the feeling ... there's something she's left out of what she said. It's not even Onyankopon that seems non-genuine, it's just her.

I keep walking, keeping my eyes adjusted to her, watching her talk, move and engage in conversation. She knows what's she's doing, and she's playing it on very well.

She turns around noticing me staring, quickly locking eyes with me. She gives me a a small grin, as we spectate each other from afar. My face stone-cold but clearly aggravated.

I break the gaze and walk away in a huff. She's probably amused, I hope she is. Laugh all you want, Yelena.

I'll ruin your little secret plan, watch me.

we'll get to meet yelena v soon😻