⸝⸝ 𝟎𝟎𝟐 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠◞

"I'll ruin your little secret plan, watch me."

I'm currently in a MP's tent in attempt to hide from Hange, who threw stacks and stacks of paper work on my work surface yesterday, that I no doubt hadn't even attempted to start

I'm currently in a MP's tent in attempt to hide from Hange, who threw stacks and stacks of paper work on my work surface yesterday, that I no doubt hadn't even attempted to start. Because you see, I was busy. Busy with my own private discoveries at the time that I prioritised over assisting my own commander.

And so here I was concealed from Hange's gaze, but I knew this would only keep me temporary concealment and I had to find an excuse sooner or later for my lack in work. It wasn't even the fact Hange would be bothered over my non completion of the paperwork but instead I was afraid they would pry into what I was doing instead of the set work.

It wasn't just Hange either, it would be a burden to have anyone on the island find out I was investigating the tall malicious blonde who came to our island only a week ago. Analysing every movement and decision she made would only come across as alarming and would paint me as some stalker. But I couldn't help but hold much distrust in that woman.

My feet rest on the MP's desk as I lay a little discomfortably in the wooden chair. I hear footsteps trudge close to the tent, my body tensing up. If Hange or the MP who's tent belongs to them suddenly walks in, I'm doomed for in embarrassment. However, the steps fade away in the distance and I can relax my thoughts again. I hide under the desk incase one does enter the tent.

Minutes pass by, as I nibble on my nails, completely ignoring the opening of the tent.

"L/N?," I hear a voice say. It's not Hange's and definitely not a MP's. "I doubt I'm allowed in here but what are you doing under the desk?"

I lift my head above the desk, so only my forehead and eyes become visible. As soon as I see the sight of Yelena, bubbles of anxiety with a mix of anger swamp my body. The one person who I've been yet to meet yet, yet I know so much about her from my studies on her.

A big fake smile covers my face as I proceed to non genuinely greet her. "Oh, why hello. Call me Y/N, nice to meet you!" I giggle, now hovering my face above my desk with my knees still leaning on the ground. Completely playing off the fact I've been hiding under a table.

"No worries," She chuckles and gives me a closed mouth smile. "I hope you don't mind, I saw you walk in here an hour ago, and thought I'd use this as my chance to introduce myself. My I ask why you're hiding here?" She quizzes me, with a small scowl on her face.

"It's okay." I get up and walk around the desk, leaning on it and facing Yelena, ignoring her last question. "Can I help you with anything, Yelena." Her names rolls off my tongue cunningly.

"No, not really, it's nice to meet you though. You dropped this the other day by the way." She hands me a sheet, but it's not any sheet. It's my whole study on the Anti-Marleyan Soldiers and especially her motives.

I'm fucked.

"If you wanted to know more about me, you could've just asked." Yelena says cockily. I glare at her, clutching the paper, my lips curving into a manipulative grin.

As my brain processes how I'll get out of this situation.