Chapter Ten

I sit silently on the floor, reading my novel, as Psycho does his press ups.
Yes, he has gotten a little less aggravated by my presence, and he's not so commanding as he was a while back.
"How did you like my cooking tonight?"

"Wasn't that bad."
"It was amazing, prove me wrong."
"Was the best I've heard in a while. I mean, I love Catherine's cooking, but yours is even more amazing."

"Exactly my point sir," I reply, flipping the page of the novel, as I readjust my glasses.
"Can I ask you something Psycho?" I question, eyes still trained on book in hand.
"Mhmm."
"On a scale of one to ten, how beautiful am I?" I finish, eyes now on him.

He stops his workouts for a second, as if in deep meditation, then continues from where he stopped.
"If I gave you a one, how would that impact you?"
I stare at him, as he stares back at me. He isn't even smiling, or smirking. He is dead serious! Dead serious!

I'm so stupid for asking such a question. Why would I ask him of all people? What would I gain from that? How would that have benefited me? Was I looking for some kind of validation?
"I'm still awaiting your response Luna."
"I...I think I should go now," I respond, placing my book mark inside the book, and standing from the floors.

"Are you mad at me now?" He questions.
Are you mad at me now, I mimick his aggravatingly deep voice in my head.
"I'm not mad! Why would I be mad? Why should I be mad? Why, mhmmm?"
My wrist is pulled towards the mirror in the furthest corner of the room, and I come face to face with my reflection.

"What do you see Luna?" Psycho questions, his chin resting over my shoulder, as one arm snakes my waist.
"My reflection?"
His brows furrow, as he shakes his head slightly.
"Wanna know what I see? A person so kind, she'd make even the worst person want to reform. Eyes so honest, it be almost impossible not to drown in them.

Skin so flawless, it puts even the softest velvet to shame. Lips so pink, it'd be almost impossible not to dream of them. Waist so slender, that all one would want to do, is wrap an arm around it. Legs so shapely, they'd make even a priest-in-training quite.

I don't just see a reflection Luna, I see an amazing person, beautiful in the inside, as well as the outside. On a scale of one to ten, I'd give you a ninety nine, and just because one says you're ugly, doesn't mean you actually are," he concludes, then places a chaste kiss against my temple, before he moves back to his position on the floor, and carries on with his press ups.

I am lost for words. I just...I didn't see myself the way he does. I decide to sit down on that spot, and carry on with my reading, or at least try.
"Psycho?"
He abruptly stops, then looks up in my direction.
"Thank you."
He nods then winks, before carrying on. Is it hot in here? Did someone just turn up the heat or something?

Minutes fleet by, with each person drowning in their own thoughts. Finally, Psycho decides to dissolve the silence by speaking up.
"Luna? I need you to come hold my feet in position, as I do some sit-ups. Fine by you?" He questions, demeanor calm as ever.
"Sure, why not," I reply, placing the book onto the floors, and walking up to him.

I rest my palms against his feet, then give him the go ahead. Each time he rises, and our eyes meet, I feel some type of way. Each time I look into those silver-blue eyes, I'm mesmerized by them. There's just something I've been feeling, whenever I'm near or with him, in the past few weeks. I've learnt so much about him, over the days. Like, when he is angry at me, he prefers looking in another direction, rather than at me.

I've learnt that he loves to work out in the evenings during the weekdays, and early in the mornings during the weekends. I've learnt that he can only use one brand of toothpaste, and he's used it almost all have a life. I've learnt that his favorite sports are badminton, basketball, and football.

I've learnt that at one point in time, he was actually behind bars, but was able to escape on his own. That was a very long time ago, back when he was only fifteen. He was a delinquint. I've learnt that his favorite music is R and B, especially by Rihanna, his favorite colour black, and that each tattoo on his body, carries its own meaning.

We also agreed, that we'd be having therapy sessions, where he'd be opening up to me. That's a work in progress, and there's still so much he's concealing. Everything in due time, however.
"Luna? Luna?"
"What, huh? Oh, I'm sorry about that," I reply, drawing back to the present.

He stares at me, and I can't help the drumming of my heart.
"I was asking, if we can have the therapy session right now, if you don't mind," he states, voice attractively deep, tone calm.
"As you work out?"
"Mhmm?"
"Yeah, sure. Why not. So tell Psycho, why the name "Psycho?"

"Because it suits me?"
"Yeah, but why Psycho, and not some other name like "Sin" or "Violent?"
"Who the hell would dare make their nickname "Violent?"
"Psycho, come on. Stop dodging the question."
"Because I'm exactly that. The first time I ever killed, I was ten."

"I see. Proceed."
"When I killed that man, its like my humanity faded."
"Go on, at your own pace of course."
"I felt unworthy, so instead of condemning myself, I embraced the evil. My father was a mafia leader, so it was expected that I follow suit, which I did, but the first murders are usually the worst. Then, after that, I felt nothing," he responds honestly.

"Who was it that you killed, if you don't mind me asking?"
"I don't mind. Was a man that had attacked my mother. I got infuriated, took hold of my gun, and shot to kill."
"Mhmm. Tell me something Psycho, do you ever feel anything, when you kill?"
He stops abruptly, eyes void of any emotion, then speaks.

"No Luna. I don't. For me to press the trigger, you must've crossed me in some way. Some terrible way. I don't just kill for fun. I kill, either because you are the leader of a rival gang trying to steal from me, or if you are challenging my authority. It's as simple as that," he replies, tone monotone.

"So, whenever you take hold of a gun, cock, and shoot, there's never be even the tiniest ounce of rue?"
"No Luna. They's never been, and they'll never be. This is me."

Hey guys. Please don't forget to vote as well as comment.