9

The roar of the crowd made your ear drums ring and your nerves buzz with energy. You leaned forward, cheering along as Myra sang, screaming the words back to her, even though you knew she couldn't hear you. 

If it was possible, the Orlando show was even louder than Miami. 

You had arrived a little after lunch, and from there, things had started moving pretty quickly. The set had been constructed in a matter of hours - an impressive feat to watch. You had gone with Myra to costume and makeup like you had in Miami, and then found your way to the spot you had claimed last time, up in the scaffolding with a perfect view of the show. 

Down on stage, Myra flopped dramatically to the ground to do a few body rolls. The crowd cheered even harder as she moved into the bridge of the song.

Water's getting deeper... intentions are clearer... smoke rolling nearer... and here I am, still harboring you...

The beat dropped for the final chorus and you sang along. This was one of your favorite songs that Myra had done yet, and perfect for the ending of her set. She finished it off with a flare, and the crowd cheered as she stood panting from the choreography, grinning.

You added your own cheer into the mass, watching as Myra took a few bows before she took up the mic again.

"Thank you Orlando!" She said. "You're amazing, I love you!"

The crowd roared again at that. In the background of the noise, you could hear the steady bassline of the first song the Dream Team was going to play building up. Excitement flooded through you - a different sort of excitement than the first time you had seen them live, more expectant; you knew this was going to be good.

"I'm sure you all have been waiting for these guys..." Myra said, backing off the stage with a mischievous grin. "Give it up, for the Dream Team!"

The fireworks went off in a flurry of sparks as Myra ducked backstage and the Dream Team was lifted through the center of the floor jumping right into their first song. You screamed along with the crowd as Clay began to sing, the raw emotion of his voice washing over you. 

It was just as moving as the first time. 

The scaffolding you were sitting on shifted underneath you as Myra pulled herself up, settling down next to you. "How was I?" She asked. 

"Great, as always." You said. "Sweaty, but great."

Myra wiped across her forehead with the back of her hand. "Well, it is eighty degrees out and all the lights are directly on you." She made to flick her hand towards you and you flinched. Myra laughed, and you frowned, knocking her on the shoulder. 

"You're gross." You said, pouting at her. Myra wasn't paying attention though, too enraptured in the goings on down on the stage. It was Nick's drum solo, and her eyes were pinned to him, watching as he played with that animalistic ferocity you had seen last concert. 

Your eyes wandered on the stage as well - passing over George and coming to a stop on Clay. He was wearing the mask (as he did on stage), but from his body language you could tell he was grinning behind it, watching Nick go all out. He bobbed his head along to the music before picking up the mic again, coming back in for the final chorus. 

You sang along with the crowd through the end of the song and cheered when it ended.

"What's up Orlando!" Clay shouted into the microphone, waving to the crowd. They cheered back at him in response and Clay picked the mic out of the stand, starting his pacing up and down the stage. 

In the background, George began to play a familiar bassline. The excitement buzzed in your fingertips, and you leaned forward, grinning. Florida Smile. 

"This one's for you Orlando!" Clay said, and Nick launched into the beat. He moved in time with the music and began to strum his guitar, starting up the first verse. 

90 degrees and the heat's still rising... sweat on my brow is maximizing... hours melting away like ice cream... i need you, you're my ice queen...

You shouted along to the lyrics with Myra, grinning like idiots. You had sung this song in the car with her more times than you could count, and it wasn't that different now - only instead of screaming as you rolled down the interstate with the windows open, you were screaming along with hundreds of other fans. 

And you've got a Florida smile... sends my heart racing to the mark at the mile...

Was it cheesy and a little stupid? Yeah. Was it still one of your favorite songs by them? Of course. Who didn't love a good silly song about summer love? 

You  eyes stuck to Clay down on the stage, following him as he paced and danced and played his guitar. His voice was just as a amazing as the first time you had heard it live, and you - maybe a little more now that you knew how good it was going to be. It seemed the crowd shared your opinion, because you could hear them singing along for the whole song.

Near the end, Clay just stopped, letting the fans carry the tune. It was one of those touching moments, when you could clearly see just how many people supported this band and took comfort in their music. You added your own voice to the swirl of others as well. 

When the song ended, Clay picked up the mic again. "Wow." He said. "You guys are all amazing! That was incredible!"

The crowd cheered back at him. 

Clay turned his head to nod at Nick, who started up another beat on his drums. "This next one is one of my favorites." Clay said, hitting a few notes on his guitar. "You might know it. It's called Was Taken." He turned again, and you could swear he was looking at you, the eyes on his mask meeting yours. 

But it was only a fleeting glance before the song started, and Clay delved back into the performance, singing his heart out to the crowd.