Part 3- The painful ending we faced

Winstons POV

3 hours after the incident from earlier 

Here I laid down on my couch, watching one of my favourite movies and eating a sandwich I made myself for dinner. I was relaxed and felt a little more calmer then I was before. 

Once I finally made it back inside my house from the incident that happened, I could barely breathe knowing that Monty was right there, sitting in MY car. I sat up against the wall trying to process what just happened, even though I knew that none of it was real. And it never will be real. Which still kills me to this day.

If you haven't guessed yet, I sometimes have these... small hallucinations. They didn't start out until I first came to liberty high a few months ago. From starting out as small sights out of the corner of my eyes, to becoming a more realistic silhouette of a boy in plan sight, the one that I once knew. I don't understand why I get these hallucinations of him at all, but maybe it's because I still miss him so deeply. I do still have troubles trying to forget about Monty all the time. I know I act as if I'm fine but I miss him so much everyday, and it just gets worse and worse knowing that I will never be able to hold him again, or see him again. I will never be able to feel the way he made me feel when he held me in his arms most nights. I loved him so much, I began to love him to quickly. And I never got to tell him. 

I won't ever forget the night where I saw on the newspaper that a teenage boy had died in our towns jail, but they never released further information on it until only about a couple days later. One of the worst days of my life, the day I found out that Monty was stabbed to death in the jail yard by an older man who had heard about why he was there. Most of the town heard about it since he was supposed to have a trial close to a couple of weeks later. And yes, I also knew what Monty had done. 

Only a couple of days before he died, I visited him in the jail. 

6.5 months ago

Winstons POV 

My heart sank lower as Deputy Standall led me down a long hallway, I had only just found out a day ago, that Monty was sent to jail for the rape of Tyler down. My first thought about the situation was how shocked I was, the pain I felt. It was difficult for me to think of Monty doing something like that to someone. Why would he do something so horrible, so cruel. I don't know who Tyler down is very well, but I know that he is the photographer for liberty highs yearbook program. Thoughts swirled around my brain to why the hell Monty could have done this, why would he rape someone? Why did he do it?

Finally, Deputy Standall led me into a small room, where there were tables with other prisoners sitting in talking to lawyers. But also talking to family members and friends. Standall then opened the bared door and to let me in."You one of monty's friends?" He asked me. I didn't answer. I stood in the door way staring at the boy who sat at a small table in the corner, starring at the table in an orange suit, with his hands chained together. It pained me to see him like this, it pained me to think of him making himself end up like this, doing something so cruel that it crossed the line.

"Mr Williams?" 

I jerked out of my small faze. "Uh sorry... And yes, he's a friend of mine" I replied quietly. Standall gave me a suspicious look, but I don't blame him. Nobody has ever seen me with Monty before. And people would see me as one of the last kind of people Monty would have a friendship with, as he goes to liberty, I go to hillcrest. I'm from the richer side of town as he lives more on the poorer side. Lots of people know how Monty hated everyone on my side of the town, everyone other then Bryce walker, who used to be his best friend, but was murdered a month ago. Still, nobody knows who did it. Then you have me, a skinny photographer who doesn't play sports or who almost has no interest in most things, and a little bit introverted with a small group of friends. Monty on the other hand, plays on sports teams, has a huge group of friends, and extremely extroverted everyone. Complete opposite as you can notice.