Part 5- From dusk till dawn

Winstons POV

I walked down the small, dark road, with my paranoia hitting me like a freight train. On each side of the small road held a house, multiple houses. The houses went on for miles down the road, but so did the road as well. It was like a never ending walk down one of the darkest, most disturbing places of my life. Something about this road, the houses, everything was breaking my heart slowly. It all felt so familiar, but not in a good way at all. I couldn't get rid of the feeling that I was so sick to my stomach.

Walking down the road further made me realize that these weren't just ordinary houses. I began to notice that all of these houses were very similar, as if they were all the exact same house. I began to hear distant yelling circling me as if it was coming from every direction. The noise was coming from inside all the houses, but which one do I go to?

Suddenly, the ground began to move as the yelling got louder. The road was getting smaller, and tighter by the second, and as someone who is afraid of tight spaces or no escape, you can already tell that I probably didn't like this at all. All the houses were starting to move closer and closer together, just like how my lungs got smaller and smaller with each breath I took.

So with that, I ran as fast as I could to the nearest house, breathing frantically I tried to open the door. Locked. The houses moved closer, and I saw this as no option but to slam my shoulder against the door as hard as I could, hoping and praying that it would bust open somehow. The houses were almost crushing me at this point, yet I still tried to break the door down. And with one final shove, I screamed as the door fell open, falling into the small one story house, and slamming the door behind me with a loud bang that echoed throughout the house. I held my chest tight as I tried to slow my breathing the best I could.

Once I regained control of my breathing, my vision was clearer then ever before. A living room sat on the left of the house, a couch and one singular chair with one of those old TV sets that stood on a table infront of both the seats, and there was one lamp in the corner of the room. Ahead of my view was an old kitchen. I could only see part of it before the rest of it was hidden behind an old, run down wall. Every wall I could see looked pretty run down, as there were many holes to be seen in each wall, same with all the dents.

I could then hear faint voices echoing from down the hall to my right. Slowly, I took a few steps towards the entrance of the hallway. My curiosity was now leading me on at this point. I noticed a room to my right as I got halfway through the hall, the bathroom. It was extremely dirty, with water everywhere. Mold could be seen in almost every corner of that room. I snarled in disgust. Continuing on, I reached another room on the right. This time it was a bedroom. There wasn't much inside but a closet, a king sized bed, and a small dresser. There was also a desk with a lamp on it. Then I continued walking to the last room, which was on the left this time.

The door creaked loudly as I opened it. Finally, I got a good glimpse of the final room. A single twin bed sat in the left corner of the room, with a small dresser that sat on the opposite corner. The walls in this room were more damaged then any of the other rooms. The only things that caught my eye in the bedroom aside from the extremely damaged walls, were the only two posters hanging on the walls, and the shirt that sat perfectly on the unorganized bed.

Who's shirt is that? I kept thinking to myself.

I inched closer to the bed in order to be able to view the shirt correctly. And not to my surprise, I noticed as I got closer that this was no ordinary shirt. It was a jersey, and it belonged to a certain liberty high student. I picked it up with slight hesitation, hoping that maybe the shirt didn't belong to who I thought it did at first. But judging on the room that felt so familiar from some of the photographic memories that swirled inside my head. I knew damn well that this jersey would most likely belong to Monty.