bonus | adonis

Outside my life at home and skating, I frequently met with a girl from high school

Outside my life at home and skating, I frequently met with a girl from high school. A week before I last saw you, I found out she was pregnant.

Now, I remember the first time we met, and I'll certainly remember our last until the day I die. That night was the coldest one of the season. The snow was heavy as I walked from my house to yours; it made me shiver.

As kind as you were, you offered me some hot chocolate to warm me up. My mind drifted as I remembered how you said it was our drink. After all, our story started with a cup.

But I wasn't there for a drink. I was there to end it all.

You showed concern as I explained my decision, with as little detail as possible. I didn't dare to look at your face anymore. I knew your eyes brimmed with tears, and small hiccups left your lips when I made my way to the door.

Leaving your house was the hardest thing I had to do. All I wanted was to hold you and forget about any trouble that came our way. But my thoughts wouldn't let me; you don't deserve her.

At that moment, I felt like I was living two lives.

One where I pretended everything was fine. With half-smiles, it seemed as if nothing was going on. The other where I felt like I was the captain of a lost ship. I had no sense of direction, never knowing which way to go.

Your lighthearted presence and each moment that we spent together felt like my safe space. Eventually, the ship found its way back home.

It just wasn't enough. So I ran away from my responsibilities.

My heart shattered every time I listened to your voicemails.

"A-Adonis, come back home," you sniffed. "Why did you leave me?"

Twenty years later, I sit on my sofa with a bottle of wine in my hand. I try to remember what happened.

Ever since our senior year in high school, everything went spiraling out of control. As time went by, more problems appeared, and the more I lost focus on my goals.

Everyone at home felt gloomy since my grandmother passed away. She was like the glue that held us together in one piece, and with her no longer there, no support was available.

I was slacking with every move, and we no longer skated in unison. I knew I couldn't let you and Mr. Sakil down. You counted on me as much as I did on you, but it was all too much.

When I learned about the pregnancy, I knew it was the last straw. I had to leave town and everyone else behind, even if the causes of my decision seemed ridiculous.

I left a small note explaining my sudden decision to my parents. Inside, I begged them not to tell you where I was going. After all these years, I guess they kept it.

So I packed my bags, bought a plane ticket to Norway, and stayed there.

I wish I hadn't lied to myself back then, and I certainly wish I had told you about my feelings, but I was scared.

Each time I closed my eyes, I couldn't stop thinking that everyone had hearts made of stone, except yours.

I took one last breath, a small smile plastered on my face.

"I love you, Phoenix Stellar."

───※ ·❆· ※───

And that's that.

Team Stellar-Wong didn't have a happy ending; it just wasn't meant to be. I knew it from the moment I got the idea, and it breaks my heart that they didn't end up together, but it is what it is.

Please do tell me your thoughts on the bonus chapter. I would appreciate it. If I'm honest, writing from Adonis' POV was hard, but so worth it.

Again, thank you for reading. I love y'all!

Take care,

Mari.