( thirty one. ) bucky barnes [5]

"you can't do this anymore, bucky

"you can't do this anymore, bucky. it's not healthy and you know it."

bucky sighs before taking a long deep breath trying to compose himself, he knows he shouldn't be angry, full of rage deep inside him. however, he cannot help the way his heart reacts to sam's words, he's a fool for acting this way but there's nothing he can do.

sam shakes his in disbelief when bucky does nothing but stand there in deafening silence, "really? you're not gonna say anything?" sam asks in shock, he can't believe the way bucky has been acting since the incident.

bucky says nothing once again, he stands there paralysed in the hall of the hospital no thoughts just the overwhelming feeling of deep-seated anger from within.  sam laughs to himself, bitterly before placing a hand down on bucky's shoulder and squeezing it in a rare act of tenderness and kindness between the two. "bucky, maybe it's time you see that therapist i've been telling you about. you need to let y/n go, you can't keep coming back here to harass the doctors. they did everything they could to save her and you know it," sam says squeezing his friend's shoulder once more.

sam's words do little to quell the rage burning inside of the former winter soldier, "don't say that!" bucky exclaims, his tone harsh as he pries sam's hand off his shoulder.

"look buc-" sam is cut off quickly by bucky who can't bare to hear another word fall from his friend's lips.

"fuck you sam!" and just like that bucky was charging down the hall, a scowl on his features, his fists curled into tight balls and tears silently falling down his face. god, he couldn't live without you and he didn't want to. he didn't know how to, all he knows is the rage inside of him.

a/n: so yeah it's been like 3 years but yeah i hope u like this!