( twenty four. ) steve rogers. [3]

steve when he's fighting tony; he wants to give up to join bucky slumped against the cold hard wall but then his mind wavers momentarily and thoughts of you consume

steve when he's fighting tony; he wants to give up to join bucky slumped against the cold hard wall but then his mind wavers momentarily and thoughts of you consume. he knows he shouldn't be thinking of you at a time like this but a part of him wonders if he'll survive, if he doesn't he knows he'll regret not telling you how he really feels. steve curses himself in that moment for not confessing his undying love for you before this all happened, he swears to himself that if he survives this fight with tony that he'll come back for you and make you his girl.

you're all he's ever wanted and just the mere thought of you feeling the same way about him gives steve the ounce of hope and faith he needs to get up and to continue fighting. steve will be damned if anyone gets in the way of what he wants - you, so he continues to fight will all the strength he has and images of you swirling around in his head. and somehow he does it, he survives letting out a sigh of relief and a promise he hopes he'll keep.

"i did this for you y/n and i promise i'll continue to fight for you."