𝖙𝖜𝖔

The great hall

Today was the day.

I stood outside the great hall waiting for the doors to open. I was nervous but excited at the same time.
I could hear Dumbledores voice from inside.

"I want everybody's attention, we have a new student joining Hogwarts this year, her father is a professor here"

The doors opened. All eyes were on me, I could already hear people whispering.

"Can we please welcome, Y/n Snape!"

A gasp of voices surrounded the room

"Snape?"

"Snape's daughter?"

"Since when did Snape have a daughter"

I walked down the candle-lit hall, past all the house tables, towards Professor McGonagall, holding the sorting hat in her left hand.

"You must now be sorted into your house" said McGonagall as she hovered the sorting hat over my head, it didn't even need to touch my head before it broke the silence in the room with..

"SLYTHERIN!"

The whole Slytherin table stood up clapping, cheering and I was sure I heard a few whistles. I walked over to the table with a smirk on my face and sat beside Draco.

"Do you remember what you have to do?" He looked at me with a serious face.

"Obviously" I rolled my eyes at him. I was convinced I could do this by myself, it wouldn't be hard would it? All I had to do was talk to Harry Potter and try and be friends with him.

I got a dirty look from pansy sat opposite me but I just ignored it, she's no threat.

I looked over at the Gryffindor table and saw Harry staring at me, I smiled and winked at him, trying to get a reaction. He spilled his drink all over himself and immediately turned back around to face Ron and Hermione in embarrassment. Hermione didn't look impressed. She gave me a funny look. I knew it was going to be hard to get past Hermione on this.

"Oh my god" Draco held his head in his hands.

"This is going to be easy" I giggled and nudged him.

"Yeah you don't say" he raised his eyebrows.

When I left the great hall I was escorted to the Slytherin common room and was showed to my dorm. There were two beds in my dorm opposite each other both with green satin sheets, a girl with pale skin and short dark brown hair was sat on one of the beds reading a book.

"Oh hey you must be Y/n, I'm ismelda but you can call me issy if you want" she sat up off her bed to walk towards me and smiled.

"Yeah erm that's me, how do you know my name?"

"Snape's your dad, duh, everyone knows you" she smirked "I just know all the boys will be all over you" she nudged me and walked back over to her bed.

"Well I doubt that" I widened my eyes and looked away.

"Well you can stick with me we've got most classes together anyways" she smiled.

"Oh yeah, thanks by the way" I smiled at her. It was nice to have a girl friend, I was just so used to always being around my father most of the time.

I got into bed and pulled the covers over me. So many thoughts were running through my head. I knew it was going to be easy to get past Harry but I didn't want to mess up at the same time. I'd never really had any proper friends before and this was my chance to make some.