[5] Epilogue

//Clay POV//

"So, you're telling me, since we're both vampires, that's why the pull was so strong?" Clay asks. They're seating on George's comfy couch, cuddling, of course.

George looks up towards Clay to answer, "Yeah, since I felt it first, it sort of just... raised from within you, I guess. You must've had the same idea, deep down somewhere."

"I think I definitely did." Clay chuckled a little bit. "Were you ever in pain?"

"A little, not a lot."

"Why not? I was in unbearable pain!"

"Because I was always thinking about you. It hurt less when I knew what I was doing."

Clay smiles and laughs. "Screw you, George."

"Yeah, yeah. You know you love me," George said, facing back into his chest. Clay just smiled at that, nodding slightly to himself.

Eventually, George dozed off into a sleep on top of him. Clay reminisced in the memories of what he was feeling. It was odd, at first, but then, to be honest, he grew fond to the feeling. It was almost insufferable, but he wouldn't mind it, if it meant he could have George in his arms like this all the time.

He wondered how it connected them. And how they were both vampires. Was that why, when they first met, the connection was so strong and noticeable? They had gotten along right away. Come to think of it, Clay didn't even realize he was gay. It all just sort of ran up to him, coming at him faster than he could juggle it.

But now, looking down at George, sleeping soundly, breath even, in his arms... it was all worth it.

Vulnerable. George, in his arms. But protected.

They were both vampires. They were both friends. They were both in love, with a desperate desire constantly pulling at them. They both needed it. It was all so crazy to Clay, but he clearly wasn't complaining as he dozed off with George next to him.

What were the odds of it?