Chapter 3

Hello, guys. I hope you all are safe in the pandemic. The Covid cases are on rise once again. So, everyone stay home as much as possible and follow the rules. Take care and stay safe. Pray for everyone.

👇🏻

We can see Manik and Nandini sitting in a café facing each other. It was almost empty. There was not much people. At first, there was a silence prevailing between them. Manik has always been very reserved type of person. He never speaks much. Other side Nandini is always very talkative. She can blabber whole day without even making any sense. No matter who's there in front of her.

"I think you want to know about yesterday." Nandini said looking at Manik who nodded his head in response.

Nandini sat there more comfortably and started speaking. "Actually I keep on doing these kind of weird experiments every other day. Last day my plan was that I will get into your car then I will go away without saying anything. But I could not do it. Actually I liked you. There is some thing about you which I liked. So, I had to meet you again."

"Like?" Manik asked raising his eyebrows looking at her curiously. He was actually getting amazed with this girl as much as he is seeing her.

"Like you resembles my papa a lot. You are lot more like him." Nandini said in a matter of fact tone.

"What happened to your father?" Manik asked while sipping his coffee.

Nandini kept her cup away. "Papa was pilot. When I was 12, there was a plane crash and all this happened."

Manik was taken aback. "I am sorry."

Nandini nodded in no. "You don't need to. I am used to it. But now it's okay." She smiled brightly then said. "You know my father is my superhero. He always used to say to me that we need to adapt everything in life. Look at you, yesterday I got into your car. You must have felt awkward but you didn't say anything. You just adapt that thing and come with me as if you knew me."

Manik heard her carefully and passed a smile to her. "What about your mother? Where is she?"

Nandini got excited hearing about her mother. "My mother is my best friend. You must have heard of Mrs Mohini Murthy, the famous psychiatrist. She is so busy that most of the time I have to be alone in home. That's why I keep on doing this crazy things. May be that's why I don't have any friend too." Nandini said making a sad face.

Manik felt bad for her. "Why?" He asked softly.

"See when someone comes to be my friend, they ask what does my parents do. So, when I tell them about my father, they give me sympathetic look. I don't like that." Manik nodded his head understanding her situation. "Then there are some people who thinks of friendship as some other thing. Then with all this I can't be friend with anyone."

"Okay..." Manik said while taking sip from his coffee.

Nandini also took a sip from her cup. "Do you also think that I am mad like others?" She looked so cute while asking this that Manik went all flat on her. He felt he could stare at this face of hers whole life.

Manik smiled at her genuinely. "You are not mad, Nandini. Not at all. It's just your innocence. There is nothing wrong in it. Actually it's needed in everyone's life. You are perfect."

Nandini smile grew wider hearing Manik's words. Her pale white cheeks turned pink due to blushing. For the first time someone didn't call her crazy instead he called it is necessary. She was overwhelmed.