Chapter 5

Here we reached the last chapter of this book. I hope you all enjoyed the journey.

Ig id- theshimmery_star

Don't forget to follow me there.

👇🏻

A few days later
Manik was in his apartment when he heard the door bell ringing. He opened the door and found Nandini standing there. He was surprised seeing her there as she has been ignoring him totally after that day.

Nandini passed a smile to him. Manik too smiled back to her. "Come in." He said and Nandini nodded before walking inside.

She sat on one of the coaches placed there. Manik too went sit beside her. "Are you still upset with me?" He asked.

Nandini nodded in no. "I am not upset." She uttered softly. Manik could barely hear her tone.

It was clear from her face that she wanted to say something more. So, Manik didn't ask or say anything. He waited for her to continue. Nandini was thinking something deeply.

She took a deep breath and stared. "I think I am in a deep mess."

Manik was confused. "Mess? What?"

Nandini looked down for a while then looked into Manik's eyes. "I think I am in love with you."

Manik was taken aback with her direct confession. "What?"

"I know it's weird. But I really like you." Nandini said looking down. It was clear that she was not joking. She continued. "I am not able to think anything else apart from you. You are always there in my thoughts. I am in deep..... "

"Nandini...." Manik cut her in between. "We are just friends, right?" He asked hiding something behind his plain face.

Nandini was not expecting it from him. The way he has always treated her, she felt maybe he also liked her. "Manik? I really love you. I am serious...." She turned towards him completely.

"Nandini, we are just friends, right? We are very good friend." He said trying to make her understand.

Nandini looked at him with disbelief written all over her face. She was not able to say anything. She was just staring at his face. When she could not take it anymore, she just left from there. Hurt was written all over her face.

"Nandini...."

"Nan...."

Manik called her from behind but she didn't stop and walked away.

Nandini directly went back to her home and locked herself in her room. She didn't come out for a long time. When her mother called her, she came out. Nandini wasn't liking anything around her. She was just thinking Manik never felt anything about her except being friend.

Since the time Nandini left from his house, Manik was trying to call Nanidni. But her phone was continuously coming switched off. He didn't even know her address. He had gone to her college as well but there was no sign of her. He was missing her badly. He was not able to concentrate on anything.

He loved Nandini. Yes, he did. He loved her a lot. But he always backed off thinking of the age difference between them. That day when Nandini got angry on him for posting the picture, he knew it was not some random anger. She was actually jealous of him being close with someone else.