Chapter 3- The Tree

Violet woke up earlier than she did before, something about that night changed her a little bit. She seemed bubbly, more than she has been in a long time.

She got dressed and headed to the library to return a few books and so she could choose new ones to read.

She was looking for a book, but she wasn't able to spit the name out, it was like she didn't need the book but at the same time she did.

She kept looking and there it was.

"The Smallest Lights in The Universe"

She grabbed the book and sat down at the nearest table, as she started to read the book, she heard a familiar voice.

"Morning, Evans, you're up quite early this morning."

It was Malfoy, his hair still a little messy.

"Oh, good morning to you as well, " I smile. "I woke up a little early, so I decided to bring a few books back."

He stood there, brushing through his platinum blonde hair, trying to fix it.

After he got done fixing his hair, he took Violet's hand and asked her to follow him, and she did just that.

"Last night you told me about your liking on Astronomy, so I came here to pick out a few of my favorite books and I thought you may like them as well."

Violet looked down at the table only to see a pile of books all about Astronomy, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Where did you find all of these?"

"I found a few of them here and a few of my favorite ones are from my library at home."

She was looking over all the books he had picked out for her, running her hand down the front covers.

"What do you think Evans?"

She took her eyes off the books to look at him.

"They're perfect, thank you!"

Violet goes back to looking at the books on the table, when she finds one book that she recognizes.

"You've read "My Little Star"?"

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites."

"That's been my favorite book since I was a little girl."

He let a little smile slip onto his face as he watched her, admiring every book he had picked out just for her. Violet started to pick the books up so she could bring them to the dormitory to keep them safe. But Malfoy jumped right in.

"Want some help Evans?"

"Yes please."

They both of them left the library, making their way to the stairs. As they get to the door, out walks Harry and Ron. Violet looks at them without saying a single word as her and Malfoy walk past them. And they do the same. She turns to grab the books from Malfoy's hands and then it happens, their hands touched by accident, they both looked at each other in shock not knowing what to do.

"I'm so sorry, I- I didn't mean to-" Violet rushed.

"It's okay Evans, it's no big deal, Accidents happen."

He let a soft smile appear and hands the books to Violet. This time she watches her hands, so she won't make the same mistake a second time. She was a little nervous, so she let out a little giggle and looked at Malfoy. She just stood there admiring him.

"Evans, we're going to be late for breakfast." Malfoy says the first word.

"Umm... I ah, I'll go put these away."