Chapter 1- The Argument

I'm running through a field of flowers with Draco by my side, laughing as we're holding hands and suddenly Draco stops to look me in the eyes, he slowly goes in for a kiss an—-

"Miss Evans, would you like to tell the class what is so important for you to not pay attention in my class?"

"Sorry Professor Snape, it won't happen again."
Why was I fantasizing about Draco Malfoy, when all my friends have warned me about all the things he has done over the years?

"Now Miss Evans, will you tell us what the Alihotsy Draught potion does?"

"Alihotsy Draught is a potion made from the Alihotsy plant. Drinking it or inhaling its fumes induces hysterical laughter."

"Good Miss Evans, but that does not give you an excuse to no longer pay attention in my class."

"I understand Professor."

I tried to follow the lesson, but I couldn't stop thinking about why I was fantasizing over Draco. I don't know why this is more important than following the lesson, but I can't stop thinking about running in a field of flowers with him.
I try my hardest to follow the lesson even with him in my mind, but I somehow made it through the rest of the lesson.

I slowly make my way to the Gryffindor common room to meet with Hermione so that she and I can study for our Transfiguration class. I'm almost to the stairs when I hear a voice, but it was his voice. I turn around to see Draco walking towards me.

"What are you doing here Evans?"

"Why does it matter Malfoy?"
I just look at him, waiting to see what sarcastic comeback he comes up with, while I wait I start to get lost in his silver eyes, I feel safe from the world while looking into his eyes.

"Like what you see Evans?"

I blink a few times to bring myself back into the conversation while Draco let out a little laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about Malfoy but what do you want?"

"I just want- never mind Evans."

Draco takes one last look at me then turns around and starts walking away from me with his head down, I watch him as he slowly disappears around the corner and once, I see that he is no longer there I slowly turn to the stairs and see Harry and Ron standing there.

"Violet, why were you talking to Malfoy? Didn't you always say that you would never talk to him?"

I stand there frozen not knowing what to do, but then it all comes out all at once.

"Harry, you're the one who said that I should never talk to Malfoy from day one and I listened to you and everyone else who told me to stay away from him, all you guys have been doing is to try and control my life."
I have been wanting to say that for years but couldn't because I wasn't confident enough to say it, but it finally came out. I'm glad that it finally came out, but I don't know how he is going to react.

"Violet, is that really how it feels? Do you really feel as if we're trying to control your life? Because all we're trying to do is keep you safe."

"Keep me safe? You all think you're keeping me safe by keeping me away from some boy, just do me a favor and leave me alone from now on."
I was hurt by what Harry said and I could feel the tears starting to build in my eyes, but I had to fight them while walking past them to go to the common room.

I run up the common room stairs with tears rolling down my cheeks. All I wanted to do was lay in bed and forget about the world, forget about what Harry said to me. I open the door to the girls room and see Hermione sitting on her bed, she turns to look at me with her books in hand.
I stand there frozen with tears rolling down my cheeks and I can feel them starting to build up again. I saw Hermione slowly get up and walk over to me but I couldn't hear what she was saying, the only thing I could hear were Harry's words repeating over and over again.

"Violet? Violet, can you hear me?"

I slowly start to hear what she was saying but it sounds as if I was underwater, I feel paralyzed standing there, I want to scream out, but I can't. I stand there motionless not being about to open my mouth.

"Come on Violet, please. Say something!"

What felt like years turned out to be minutes, I can hear Hermione saying my name and I look at her with tears still in my eyes while trying to talk. The only thing that would come out was something I didn't know how to say.

"H-Harry, how could he do this to me?"

I fell to the floor and cried, I felt sick to my stomach to think about what Harry had done. How could my best friend do this to me? I had so many questions but no answers. Hermione quickly fell to the floor with me, holding me in her arms while I cried, felt weak and betrayed.

"Violet, speak to me, what did Harry do?"

I tried my hardest to speak but all that came out of my mouth were air filled words mixed with the scream of my tears, I kept trying but it was only getting worse. I hold onto Hermione as tight as I could because at that point, she was my only sort of comfort during this whole thing.

"It's going to be okay Violet, I promise."

I could feel Hermione hugging me tightly as my crying started to slow. I look up at her to see a soft smile looking back at me.

"I think you should get some rest"

I slowly get up from the floor wiping my tears away and make my way to my bed. I lay down with Hermione sitting by my side while slowly starting to fall asleep.

I hope you're enjoying the story so far and I'm sorry that it started this way. I have read so many stories that start with Draco being "evil" or the main character hating Draco, so I wanted to change things up a little bit. I will be adding little things here and there that are in the Harry Potter series, but most of it will be my own imagination. I hope you choose to stay for the rest of the adventure of this story.