Chapter 2- Polaris

It was the next morning, I could hear someone moving things around next to my bed, I opened my eyes slowly so they could adjust to the light, I look over to the window and see that it was a sunny day, I opened my eyes more to see Hermione fixing my things and putting everything back into its original spot. She didn't have to do any of this for me, she doesn't really have to do anything at all.

"Oh, good you're awake!"

I rub my eyes before sitting up so I could see Hermione better. She just watched me while I got myself comfortable before she said anything else.

"Violet, are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine, thank you though."

I don't feel fine, I feel betrayed, but I can't tell Hermione that because I don't want her to worry about it. What hurts me even more is that Ron just stood in Harry's shadow, watching it all happen and not saying a single word to try and protect me.

"You should get dressed so you're not late for class, if you need me, I'll be outside."

"Thanks Hermione"

I watch as she leaves but I just sit there thinking to myself if I should tell her or not. How was I supposed to stay away from Harry if he is in all my classes?
I get out of bed and put on my uniform, I put my shoes on and make my way to the door.

"Ready Violet?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

We make our way to our Transfiguration class, but I can tell that Hermione really wants to ask about that night. I look at her and I can see that she isn't paying much attention, so I snap my fingers in her face.

"Earth to Hermione, hello"

"Oh, sorry Violet"

"It's fine. Hey what's bothering you? You seem a little off today."

I prepare myself for the question I don't want to hear but I know at some point I'm going to have to tell her.

"What happened last night Violet?"

I stopped and pulled her aside, so we aren't in the middle of the hall in everyone's way and so that we have more privacy while talking.

"Okay let me start from the beginning. I was on my way to meet you so we could study, then Malfoy came up to me and we started talking, Harry saw the whole thing and we got into an argument."

"Wait, you were talking to Draco?"

"Yeah, but why does it matter?"

"Violet, we all told you to keep your distance from him for a reason, he isn't a good person."

I didn't know what to say, I just stood there looking at Hermione. They have never told me a single thing about Malfoy that makes him so bad. I think it's time for me to find out for myself because if I don't then I'll never know about the "bad" things Malfoy has done.

We get to class just in time, I can see Harry and Ron sitting in the front row, so I stay in the shadows in the back of the class. I took my seat that happened to be right in front of Draco, while I was walking towards the chair, I could see him looking at me.

"Morning, Evans."

I stopped at my chair and tried to process what just happened, it took me a few seconds to register what he said. I look over at him with a little smile.

"Good morning, Malfoy"

When I sat down, I could see Harry looking over at me with disappointment in his eyes. I had a soft smile on my face while looking at Harry, I knew it bothered him that I chose to get to know Draco but at this point I don't care about his opinion.