Part 4.

Misty's POV,

Ash:'' Misty..do you like me?''

Misty:'' WHat?!!''

I was at loss of words. Of course I do! Why am I hesitating.

Misty:'' No!''

What...did...I...just say..?

Ash:'' Phew..''

Misty:'' Phew?''

Ash:'' You see, earlier Dawn came to me and said you like me, and that we should break up for the sake of you. I was really scared you know? Scared to lose Dawn..''

She said that? 

Misty:'' You really love her?''

Ash:'' Yes! More than anyone and anything else. I love her to the extant I cannot explain.''

Tears fell from my eyes.. My heart should hurt but...I didn't feel that way.

Ash:'' Hey! Misty! Why are you crying?''

Misty:'' I don't know...I just...feel so happy for you Ash..''

Ash:'' Oh? Those are tears of happiness?''

I nodded.

Ash:'' I cannot wait to tell Dawn. She was worried sick, that she came between us. I'll explain it to her!''

I nodded. I sigh.

Misty:'' I should leave now.''

I turned around and started to walk away. I heard Ash speaking.

Ash:'' Misty! I will be leaving tomorrow! You'll come to see me off right?''

Misty:'' Hm..''

And I left him there. I entered  park and... sat on a bench. I felt a droplet of water on me. Soon after rain started. But, I didn't move from there. I feel happy for Ash..He found someone...he wanted to always meet. I felt a jacket on me, I looked up.

Paul:'' If you are gonna sit here all day, then you will catch cold.''

Paul..?!

Misty:'' Why are you-''

Paul:'' I called you, but you won't pick up! I was so worried. Lets go!''

Misty:'' I don't think I can walk, I am tired.''

Paul:'' You are one troublesome woman.''

He sat down and told me to climb on his back, a smile spread on my face. I got on his back and he started to walk I kept on head on him..

Misty:'' Aren't you gonna ask what happened?''

Paul:'' I don't wanna make you sad.''

Misty:'' I was so selfish.''

Paul:'' Hm??''

Misty:'' I was in one-sided love. Somewhere inside me, I always knew Ash wouldn't ever love me, but I still did everything..''

Tears fell from my eyes.

Misty:'' I don't know, how did I turn into this kind of a person. I hated Dawn, but she saw through me and even wanted to leave Ash for me. She was different. No wonder Ash fell for her. But, the painful eyes I saw in him...I couldn't except his love in that way...I just cannot.. I wanted him to love me as me, not as a substitute..''

Paul:'' Misty...'''

Misty:'' I am so sorry and thankful to you Paul in many ways so...just... Don't tell me to not cry, cause I cannot hold these tears.''