V. The Birthday

3rd P.O.V.

Zofia was in the Forbidden Forest, walking all alone. As she heard something moving, she quickly hid behind a big tree. But not for long after her action was taken, a black figured creature appeared behind her.
She turned around and saw the black angry dog from her dreams. As she tried walking backwards not breaking an eye contact with it,  she hit the tree that she was hiding behind.
The dog started moving towards her, as her scream filled the forest surrounding her.

She jumped out of her bed still screaming from her nightmare. Hermione quickly woke up and hugged her roommate, and soon to be best friend.

"Hush hush, Zof,  it was just a bad dream." said Hermione with her arms wrapped around Zofia.

Zofia quickly calmed herself down not bothering to hug Hermione back.
"It okay Hermione, I'm alright. Go back to sleep."

"Are you sure?"
"Yes, just don't go blebbing about it in the morning."
Hermione nodded and walked back to her warm bed.

"Happy Birthday, Zofia." she whispered falling asleep in an instant.

But the birthday girl couldn't sleep. All that was bothering her these past few weeks just piled up and it had to come out eventually.
Although her classes were going great, there was still the past of her family that was a mystery yet to be solved.

Meanwhile at her childhood home, Remus couldn't sleep either. He was writting a letter to Dumbledore, asking for advice. He did not know how to tell his precious little princess that her father was a mass murderer who betrayed the Potters.

How could he tell her that. It would break her heart, and put her in a position of keeping that secret and looking at Harry every day with guilt.

And in that moment while Lupin tried to collect his thoughts on a peice of parchment,  the man he needed the most appeared in his dinning room.

"Good evening Remus. I see that you and your niece have quite a few things in common. Like restlessness at this late hour for example."

"Is she alright? Why is she up so late?" Remus asked with worry filling up his entire body.

"Do not worry Remus, she just had a nightmare. I assume that you are familiar with her vivid dreams?"

"She dreamt about Sirius again. Oh God that man hunts her in her dreams constantly.." said Remus making a pause. "That brings up a question that I was going to ask you.. What do I tell her professor? She started asking about her family ever since the Sorting ceremony."

Dumbledore pulled out a chair and sat with Remus at the dinning table. "You are going to tell her that her father was a usual student at Hogwarts, named Regulus Black. He died in the hands of his own mother just like his wife Helena. Sirius cannot be brought up. I will inform the school staff about our deal, and no one would mention Sirius or the Black family to her ever again." Dumbledore paused "Poor girl, she mustn't know the crimes of her father, or it will ruin her."

And with that being said the long bearded man vanished from Lupin's home.

Lupin stood up, getting a new peice of parchment to write a birthday letter to his princess.

With the letter being written and the gift all wrapped up, Remus called out his owl.

"Iris, take this to Zofia at Hogwarts."
As the owl flew out of the window so did Remus fall asleep at the table. All that worrying had drained him out.

Back at Hogwarts, the birthday girl finally got back to sleep but quickly felt a pair of hand shaking her legs.

"WAKE UP ZOFIA!  YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!" Hermione yelled.