chapter ten

I was practically running around my house trying to make sure everything was in order. Everything had to be perfect when Jasper came over. It just had to be.

I just finished casually laying my homework on the couch to make it look as if I wasn't just overanalyzing every detail of the house before he showed up when I heard the doorbell. A smile immediately spread across my face.

I was almost skipping to the door out of excitement.

When I opened the door, I was speechless. Jasper stood there looking absolutely flawless, as usual. He was wearing a nice pair of jeans and a sweater that looked expensive and extremely comfortable. Perhaps it was the time apart, but something about him was just breathtaking.

Jasper had a small half-smile on his face like he was trying to hide his excitement.

"May I come in?" he asked, which made me realize that we were just standing out in the cold.

I cleared my throat. "Of course."

Jasper took a couple steps inside and smiled to himself. "Your house is very...you."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know." He chuckled. "Something about it just feels...perfect."

I blushed as I led him into the living room. "I figured we could do our homework here. It has the most space."

"Sounds good to me."

We sat down on opposite ends of the couch. My stuff that I laid out earlier sat in the middle, which forced us apart. When I noticed this, I rearranged my stuff so I could scoot closer to him.

I had my notebook in my hand to show him what we talked about when he was gone.

"Do you remember what we were talking about before you left?" I wasn't sure what day we talked about what.

He reached for my notebook and flipped a few pages and finally landed on one. "We must have stopped on this day. I remember you drawing little stars on the last day I was in class."

I looked down at the page he stopped on. Sure enough, there were tiny stars in the margins. I didn't even remember drawing those. I smiled at the thought of him noticing such a small detail.

"Well, let's get started," I said.

After a couple hours, Jasper was finally all caught up, and we were talking about the other homework we had.

"I have this presentation thing for sixth period, and I am not excited for it." I said while rubbing circles into the palm of my hand.

"Well, I bet you're going to kill it," he said with a smile. He was so sincere that for a second I believed that I was going to do fine on the presentation.

"I don't know. It's not the best."

"I doubt that." He paused. "Why don't you show me it?"

"My presentation?" I asked in shock.

"What else?" He smiled. "I can be your practice audience."

I thought about it for a second. It would be nice to have someone to show it to before showing it in front of the class, and Jasper is so easy to be around.

"That would be nice," I finally said.

I pulled up my presentation and started practicing it. Jasper kept teasing me on certain slides, which was an obvious attempt to keep me from getting nervous that worked.

After about the fifth time practicing it, my stomach started to grumble.

"Well, I think I deserve a break," I said as I flopped onto the couch.

Jasper chuckled. "I think so too."

"Are you hungry? I was thinking about ordering a pizza or something. My dad left me money for supper since he's working the night shift." Part of me was hoping he would stay longer, but my head would explode if I did any more homework.

Jasper hesitated for a second. "Sure, I could eat. You order what you want. I'm fine with whatever."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed the pizza place. I ordered a pizza with sausage, pepperoni, and extra mushroom. I love mushrooms.

We decided to throw on a movie while we waited for the pizza to come. I convinced him to watch If I Stay, which is one of my favorite movies that I used to watch all the time when I was younger.

"Do you want any popcorn while we wait for the pizza?" I asked. "I don't really like popcorn, but I could make some if you want."

Jasper smiled to himself. "I don't like popcorn either."

"Well, perfect. I'm gonna grab a glass of water. Do you want anything?"

He shook his head. "Thanks though."

About thirty minutes later, I had to pee like crazy, but I didn't want to miss the movie. It was getting to a good part too.

Jasper must have noticed my leg bouncing. "You know I can always pause the movie while you go to the bathroom."

A smile spread across my face. "Would you? I'll be back in the blink of an eye."

I speed walked to the bathroom once he paused the movie. Just as I sat down, I heard the doorbell ring for the pizza. I quickly hurried up and washed my hands. As I walked towards the front door, I noticed Jasper held the pizza, and the delivery guy was walking away.

"I paid for the pizza," Jasper said shyly.

"What? You didn't have to." I didn't want Jasper to have to pay for things.

"I wanted to." Jasper's eyes seemed to glisten at seeing my reaction.

"Well, thank you."

After grabbing a couple plates from the kitchen, we started eating and watching the movie. I was so hungry. I must have eaten most of the pizza.

After stuffing my face full of food, I realized I was a little chilly, so I grabbed a blanket. I rested my head on the back of the couch. I think I sat down a little closer to Jasper after getting the blanket, but neither of us mentioned it.

As the movie continued, I found my eyes slowly close. I didn't want to fall asleep, but I couldn't help it. I knew that it was getting late too.

My head rolled a little and fell on something comfortable. After a few seconds of this, I fell asleep.