Lottie and Jamie - Falling part 5

"Lalalalala!"
Boom. Boom! Crash!

Jamie winced as Ellie turned the music up and started screeching along.

She'd always had a thing for rock...he had NO clue how anyone could enjoy such a horrendous assault on the ears.
But that was Ellie for you, Jamie thought wryly.

He smirked.

The door creaked loudly. Immediately on high alert, he tensed.

The half smile slid off his face as he turned and found himself face to face with... her.
His sweet princess.
Lottie.

Suddenly he forgot how to breath.

Jamie quivered involuntarily, and his mask slipped.
He couldn't handle seeing her after last night.

That dream.

He gulped, and drew in a deep breath, letting the oxygen flood his brain.

Lottie closed the door gently behind her and threw herself onto the crisp bed sheets beside the screeching Ellie, flicking back the golden curls cascading down her back, and studiously avoiding his gaze.

The two princesses grinned at eachother for a split second, and Jamie's heart ached.

Jamie stared at the pair in silence for a long moment.

From completely different worlds, but so utterly the same. Two halves of a whole. Perfect together.

He longed for that kind of connection.
But how could he find that when he didn't know himself?

All there was is 'Jamie the deadly partizan'.
Set a foot wrong and he'll have you on the floor before you can say 'Maradova'.

He shook himself, and realised he'd been staring. Oops.

Lottie met his gaze and flushed furiously, jerking from his gaze as though it had burned her.

Jamie frowned slightly.

What was she thinking? Had he done something? What had he missed?

His patience wearing thin, he decided he'd had enough and reached over to unplug Ellie's DVD player.

Silence.

He sighed in relief. His ears rang.

Sweet silence.

Ellie launched from the bed with an indignant cry.

"Oi! Jamie! It was just getting to my favourite part!"

She frowned and waggled her tongue at him petulantly. Lottie giggled girlishly, and poked Ellie with the end of her pencil.

"Ellie? Stay still so I can draw you. You look like a scarecrow with your hair all ruffled like that." She tugged a strand of Ellie's coarse black hair affectionately, and Ellie winked cheekily back at her.

"Thanks. It took hours to get it like that. Hours of hard, solid rocking."
Ellie grinned giddily, and smirked evily over at Jamie.

He allowed himself a reluctant chuckle.

"Ooh Ellie!" Lottie beamed.
"I had a dream last night that you did my makeup and we scared Jamie with my severe rocker look. Wanna give it a try?"

Ellie dropped her magazine immediately and grinned, almost wildly, in sheer delight.

Without meaning to, Jamie let his shock register on his face for a split second.

Right then, Lottie flashed Jamie a look so fast that he couldn't quite decipher it.