Lottie and Jamie - Falling part 2

Ten minutes...it felt like an hour...
What good was he in the infirmary when his princesses were out there, unprotected, alone?

How was he supposed to do his job when they wouldn't let him out of the infirmary?
A lot could happen in ten minutes...

And Lottie...she'd looked like hell.
He'd done that to her.

If he had behaved like the partizan he'd been trained to be, he would have realised something was up, and Lottie wouldn't have had to save him...
it was supposed to be the other way round!
He was meant to be the protector, the strong one...

And now Lottie had probably only just stopped shivering -
when they had carried him over here, she'd been wrapped in a blanket, those rosy lips tinted blue...

'Your fault', a voice hissed.
'You aren't worthy of them'.

He shook himself. Get it together.

He raised his fingers to his lips and sighed wistfully.
He could still taste...

No. Nothing like that could ever be.
But for the next half hour, he sat in the infirmary, waiting, fantasizing.. he couldnt help himself.
He wanted to taste those soft rosebud lips again.

Albeit under less tense circumstances.

The Jamie part inside of him blocked the partizan out of him for just a moment.

Maybe he could accidentally almost drown himself in front of her again...
He smirked.

The infirmary door flung open.

"Jamie!" She floated over to his bedside, and looked anxiously into his face.

He drew in a husky breath.

He neutralised his face, and let the sensible, strong, loyal partizan take over.

Lottie narrowed her eyes slightly
"Jamie."

He looked down.

"Jamie..." She pleaded.

He couldn't help it. She sounded so vulnerable.

He relaxed slightly and sighed.

"Thankyou for saving me. I will never let something like that happen again." He murmered, not trusting himself to look at her.

She nodded. Jamie looked up at her quickly, and something in her eyes seemed to pin him there, he couldn't look away...
She blushed.

"That's okay. You just focus on making sure you are better. You really scared me there you know..." She smiled tentatively at him.

Her teeth tugged at her lower lip.
"So, Anastacia...you really think..."

He nodded gravely, and clenched his jaw.
"We can't trust her until we know for sure exactly what's going on"

Lottie sighed.

"I'm not going to worry Ellie with it..." She looked up at him through lowered lashes "it's our job to protect her from this stuff..." She looked up at Jamie as though nervously anticipating his reaction.

He sighed.
'I wish I could protect both of you from this stuff' he murmered sadly.

"What was that?" Lottie lifted her head and looked him in the eye.

He cleared his suddenly hoarse throat.
"I think you're right, Lottie."

She looked at him in pleased astonishment, and then beamed, her cheeks pink.

Bang!
The infirmary door burst open and Raphael came sauntering in.
"Just came to check my mate here's still alive." He drawled with a cheeky grin at them both.

Lottie impulsively stroked Jamie's hand, and stood, looking caringly down at him.

"I'll see you both later, I better go check on Ellie and see what mischief she's got herself into". She giggled halfheartedly to herself, and left Jamie with Raphael.

Jamie's eyes followed Lottie to the door.
When she got to the door, she turned round, and smiled at him, lips wobbling.

His heart wrenched as she turned and left the room.