Lottie and Jamie - Falling part 4

With a hassled grunt, Jamie Volk pulled his fluffy winter uniform over the top of his shirt and shorts.

He turned to his mirror.

Ridiculous! He thought disbelievingly to himself.

He looked like a damn sheep!

He sighed despairingly, and with lightning speed - pulled on a pair of shoes, grabbed his bag, and closed the door behind him.

Time to pick up his princesses.

Ten minutes later, he paused outside their door.

"Can you imagine Jamie's face if he saw us right now" guffawed a familiar voice from the other side of the door.

He heard Lottie's endearing giggle, and couldn't hear her murmered response.

He exhaled and rolled his eyes.
What were they up to now?

They never made his job easy - that's for sure.

He pushed open the heavy mahogany door, and his eyes fell first on the pretty, pristine half of the dorm.

And then his eyes traveled over to the dark, edgy half - there, huddled in a corner, sat Ellie and Lottie.

What were they doing?

Lottie had her back to him, but as soon as he stepped into the room, Ellie met his gaze, and gave him her usual devilish smirk.

But this time, her smirk was laced with glee and cheek, and more devilishness than usual.
He groaned internally -

She was clearly up to something.
Or creating more havoc.

...in other words, creating more work for him.

Fantastic, he thought sarcastically.

With her eyes still on him, she bent down and whispered something in Lottie's ear.
Lottie giggled in response.

Jamie stood in the doorway and braced himself for whatever she was plotting.

Slowly, Lottie stood up and turned towards Jamie.

Jamie gasped - what on earth?!

Lottie and Ellie grinned as one, and high fived each other at his reaction.

Lottie smiled tentatively at him, but he just stared back at her in complete shock - she looked completely different!

Ellie had... Given her a makeover of sorts.

Her big doe eyes were rimmed in thick black, her rosebud lips were coated in a thick, blood red, and her cheekbones looked like they could slice through his hand if he were to touch them.

- not that..he would, ever, be...stroking them or anything...

Moving on.

Ellie had transformed his sweet, innocent little pumpkin princess into a rock queen!

It made her look deliciously dangerous - and a part of him awoke at the sight.

Aware that they were both still watching him for his reaction, he cleared his throat, and announced that if they weren't ready for breakfast in 5 minutes, he would carry them both down there himself.

"As if" Ellie sniggered in response, and began putting Lottie back to normal.

Lottie just blushed, and Jamie's heart started beating a little faster.

Ellie smirked at Jamie, and pushed past him into the hallway when she had done.

Lottie followed, but just as she was passing him, something smooth and flat was pressed into his hand.

She continued to breeze past him, and linking arms, the two girls started making their way cheerily down the stairs.

Pausing, Jamie looked down at the folded scrap of notepaper in his hand.

Hurriedly, he unfolded it, and with intrigue, read the swirly words scrawled across the paper.

"Ivy wood. Tree. 3pm. Meet?"

His heart started hammering, and he ran to catch up with them.

She gave him a questioning look as he silently joined them, and limbs quivering, he responded with a curt nod.

All morning he tormented himself - what did she want? Did she want to speak to him about Ellie?
...or was it something more...personal?

When he was making his way to Ivy wood that afternoon, he found himself feeling hot and jittery.

He'd only just stopped thinking about her and now she wanted to meet him in secret?

Yes, it was probably purely professional, but...

He sighed, and lifted a shaky hand to brush away the sweaty tendrils of hair sticking to his forehead.

Only one way to find out.

He spotted her golden mane at the foot of the magnificent old tree, and met her gaze in anticipation.

They met beneath the cool shade of the tree, and Jamie was reminded of that time, on Valentine's Day, when he'd found her here - sheltered amongst the wise roots of the old tree.

She smiled at him, and launched into an explanation about how she wanted to discuss Anastacia and the danger, without Ellie so she didn't put herself in danger.

He barely registered what she was saying, all he could focus on was her animated eyes, and her soft, rosy lips, and her squishy, little nose, and the silky, golden hair cascading down her shoulders.

All at once, fire rushed through his veins, and he silenced her with his lips.

They were on hers before he even realised what was happening.

He kissed her softly, sweetly. And then at the sound of her soft little moan, he kissed her harder - more desperately.

It was heaven - pure bliss.

A part of him that he never knew was missing suddenly made him feel whole.

Longing electrified his veins.

He felt himself getting hotter and hotter and hotter, until -

He woke, sweating, between his bedsheets.

His heart fell. It had felt so real...

Longingly, he tried to slip back into the dream, but no matter how he tried, he couldn't get back to sleep.

Oh boy he was in trouble, he thought despairingly.

A couple of hours of lying, staring at the blank ceiling later, Jamie Volk rolled out of bed, and with a grunt, pulled his fluffy winter uniform over the top of his shirt and shorts.