Superstar chapter one

Superstar

The score was 71-70. We were up by one.

My anxiety started to bring up. I had to guard the best high basketball offensive player in the country for 30 minutes and while every college scout in the nation is watching and if I fail it could affect my college rating and if I succeed it could change my entire high school basketball career. I was sweating rapidly while my stomach felt buzzing like a bee.

When I was in the air I felt like Micheal Jordan. I lifted my arms in the air while still gripping the ball harder than I ever could. I raised my hands slightly as I was leaping higher and higher while getting closer to the basket. But then a woosh was heard. I then collapsed on the ground on my back. I had many questions: did I make the shot or did I miss it? But it felt like I made it but. I slowly opened my eyes and saw David holding the standing above me.

"Season is over bro,'' David said.

Does this mean that I lose and how is it possible that I did everything my coach and trainers did but I fell. Every scout in the nation watched me fail in one of the most important games of life. I worked and practiced for hours to do one thing successfully in this situation but I failed.The scoreboard only was a reflection of that.

"Crap," I whispered.

The crowd was full of emerging disappointment. Everyone was counting on me to succeed like I usually do but I didn't just imagine what the school is feeling and what every person is feeling who trusted and believed in me. I failed them and I am a failure.

I got up from the ground and saw my team walk back to the bench.The other 4 players were Connor, Zane, Jafari, and George.

"But we might have lost but we played well. Connor, congrats for averaging a double for 10.4 ponts and 11 assist. George, you average 17.6 ppg game second highest in the team that season congrats. Zion, you dropped 26.5 ppg second highest in the conference congrats. Jafari has the most rebounds in not only in the entire conference of all time. You have 5 ppg and 17 rebounds and 8 blocks. Zane, you averaged 10ppg and 13 rebounds congrats we had flaws we can improve I had flaws we could improve on I had flaws but if we can improve we will win the championship I promise," coach said trying to chair us up.

But really how could he be his favorite player? He counted on and pushed to be better even if he hadn't he trusted me like his own son and I failed him. After the speech I walked to the bathroom with a heavy amount of emotion in me, my stomach felt sick while my eyes watered. I walked in the mirror and looked at myself. You're a failure, loser, disappointment, idiot, terrible, and trash. All the things that everyone felt about me were probably those words.

I waited in the bathroom while full of disappointment waiting for everyone to be gone. Since my mom won't be home today I decided it will be great to stay up and practice basketball. I waited until everyone left. Once everyone left I exited lifting my feet and walking to the court practicing. I grabbed a round basketball and paced my feet using the exact same motion in practicing that dunk. I mimicked everything I did in the dunk but in this case I succeeded. But the succession was all for nothing. I still failed in front of the entire nation and I may never be able to live my dream.

All of sudden a door opened creating a loud Sound I automatically flinched in fear. Then someone turned the lights on and I found who was walking in the gym.

"Wait a minute, are you that famous guy I can remember your name?"

"Are you Derrick White, the owner of the Kentucky Vipers, the former Indina Pacers?"

"Yeah I am," he replied.

"So you know famous players like Dwayne Ham, Lamelo, and Zion?"

"Yeah, man, I know them and also I heard alot about you, some good, some bad, you're even verified on instagram which is impressive."