Ch. 23

Ricky and Nini had been in Chicago for a few days now and Ricky still hadn't talked to his parents after the whole divorce fiasco. They were leaving to go back to SLC the next day, and decided to spend the day touring the city, once again visiting some of Ricky's favorite spots in the city.

"Ricky, I- I don't think I can do this!" Nini said nervously. They were currently waiting in line to go up to the sky deck in the Sears Tower, and Nini was a nervous wreck.

"Nini, I promise you'll love it. You can see everything from up there. I think you can even see other states!" Ricky told her, gently squeezing her hand.

That didn't calm Nini down, though. "But what if the elevator breaks on the way up? What if the building falls? Oh my GOD, what if the glass box thingy breaks and I fall to my death?!" Nini panicked and Ricky stared at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Really, Neens. That's what you're worried about? First of all, that glass box thing has like 3 thick layers. I doubt it'll break under your feet." He chuckled.

Nini still looked unsure as they made their way into the elevator.

"Look, I promise if you don't like it when we get up there then we can leave right away and do something on the ground. Okay?" Nini nodded, but she knew this was something Ricky was really excited about so she was determined to do this for him. "Just know... if the glass box breaks with me on it, I'm gonna drag you down with me." She joked.

He laughed and kissed her forehead. "Wow, truer words of romance have never been said." He said dryly.

She just rolled her eyes.

Turns out... Ricky was right.

The views were stunning. The view of the lake was her favorite part and she even begged him to take her up to the John Hancock observatory. They spent about an hour in the Sears Tower admiring the views and now they were walking up and down Michigan Avenue.

"Wow..." Nini admired as they walked past all the luxury stores. "So this is like the "Rodèo Drive" of the Midwest, eh?"

Ricky gave her a small smile and shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, i guess you could look at it that way." He said. "You definitely have your luxury stores, but there's also a bunch of stores that us peasants can afford. There's a bunch of restaurants, too." He added.

Nini smiled brightly and leant up to kiss him on the cheek. "I think this might be better than Rodeo." She whispered. He nodded in agreement.

"You starting to get hungry?" He asked her and she nodded her head quickly.

"Starving. I thought you'd never ask." He rolled his eyes and said, "Do you have a taste for anything specific? You're my beautiful guest so I think it's only fair you choose."

She thought about it for a second. "I could honestly go for a gyro." She responded. This excited Ricky because it allowed him to take her to one of his favorite restaurants in Greek town. Impressively, he got them a taxi, telling the driver to drop them off at Athena's.

"What's Athena's?" Nini asked curiously. Ricky smirked. "You'll see."

******

The restaurant was beautiful and ornate.

They were led to a table in the beautiful, open indoor courtyard that was decked out with hanging lights and greenery.

Ricky pulled the seat out for his girlfriend, pushing her in gently before sitting down in his own seat.

"So, Neens I have to warn you." He began. This caught her attention and she raises an eyebrow, telling him to continue.

"This is my absolute favorite restaurant in Greek-town and it's without doubt that you're about to eat the best gyro you've ever had." He said matter-of-factly.