New Student

Two days later Hazel was riding back to the city for her first day of school.

After her run in with the clowns, she had let off some steam dueling and fighting to the point of barely being able of moving any of her muscles.

She may be immortal, but that didn't mean she would allow anyone bring her harm if she had a say in it. Killian had been there to observe and on standby in case she needed help.

The school came into view and she finds a place to park before making her way inside, ignoring the way people were staring and talking about her. She makes her way to the office and gets her class schedule with a map and heads in the direction of her first class just as the warning bell was heard.

So focused on the task of finding the right classroom, she bumped into someone.

"Hey, watch it!"

Hazel recognized that voice. Looking up her green eyes meet a pair of surprised blue ones.

"Hazel!"

"We have to stop meeting like this," she responds with a light chuckle as she puts down her map. "But I guess it's a good thing because I haven't a bloody clue as to where to go."

"Wait, you're coming to school? This school?" Terry asks with some confusion lased with surprise as he keeps staring at her.

"Well of course. Why else would I have been doing here a couple of days ago?" Hazel points out the obvious.

Terry shakes his head and chuckles. "You're right, let me see your schedule." She hands it over and he reads it over. "Hey two of the first classes you share with me along with gym before lunch and the last class of the day."

"Well that's convenient, guess I'm following you for now."

Both set out towards the classroom at a quicken pace until they reached it and Hazel hesitates. Terry notices and turns to her. "What is it?"

"I'm just nervous I guess. You know the whole new kid in school and all."

"Hey, you've nothing to worry about. Just take a deep breath and then the first step, I'll be waiting inside." With that, Terry walks in and heads to his spot towards the front. The bell was about to ring when he hears the others students whisper and then sees Hazel walk pass him towards the teacher to speak with.

Finally, the bell rang and the teacher stood. "Everyone, we have a new student joining our school. This is Hazel Black. Could you tell us a little about yourself?"

"Well, for starters I'm British and this is my first time attending a public school."

Terry noticed how she seemed to flush as she spoke, but her voice was loud and strong for everyone to hear.

"Are there any questions you would like to ask me? That is of course if it's alright with you professor."

Said teacher's eyes widen some over the fact she had manners. "Of course, though if any make you uncomfortable, let them know and you can take a seat on the row behind Mr. McGinnis. Mr. McGinnis please raise you hand."

Hazel and Terry both held in a smile as he does so and she finds him and nods.

"Why did you leave Britain?" A girl asks near the back.

"I was born and raised there. I wanted a change, so I decided to move here to experience some new things."

"Is your head naturally that vibrant red?" Another girl asks with a little envy.

"Yes, this is my natural hair color."

"Do you have a boyfriend you left back in Britain? Because if so, you can hang out with me anytime."