𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟮

"So this is Zaban City, huh?" Killua awed as he admired the city we were now in.

Y/n took in a deep breathe before smiling. After years of getting locked up and only leaving for her rare assassination missions, this had felt like paradise. The two begin to walk around and figure out the way to the hunter exam.

After a few minutes of searching, they found the place. (dont ask how i ran out of ideas) They tilted their head in confusion as they looked as the tiny restaurant in front of them.

Killua nudged his elder sister and said, "Hey, are you sure you brought us to the right place? I mean you are an old ha-" Before he could call Y/n an old hag, she hit him on the head with an unamused expression.

"Yes. Based on the information collected this is definitely the place. They are probably trying to trick people into thinking its not," Y/n explained.

Despite being locked up 24/7, she had learnt things like this on the mobile phone she was given. Unfortunately, during the escape she had left it on her desk. Killua nodded and they both begin to walk towards the restaurant. They opened the door and was immediately greeted by a man behind the counter.

"Welcome! How can I help you two?" The man asked.

Looking back at the code to get in, Y/n said, "[insert code because i forgot] for two please,"

He nodded and brought you guys to the backroom. Killua and Y/n waved their goodbyes as the door shut. They looked at the door before realising it was an elevator.

"Interesting" Y/n thought.

As the clock ticked by, they finally arrived. As they stepped out of the elevator, they could feel eyes on them. Y/n smirked for a moment before being greeted by a green jelly-like creature.

"I'm Beans! Here are your tags for the Hunter exam. Make sure you don't lose them!" He exclaimed before scurrying off.

Killua was given #99 while Y/n was given #100. They gave a childish grin to each other in excitement. Their excitement was quickly ended when a short man came up to them. He introduced himself as Tonpa and asked if we wanted orange soda as a gift of friendship. Killua and I knew there were laxatives in here but it was fine, we were immune to it anyways. We 'thanked' Tonpa before sipping our drinks.

"Well? How do you feel?" Tonpa asked, trying to hide his vile smirk.

"It taste great, Tonpa-san,"Y/n lied.

"Yeah! Totally delicious!" Killua played along.

It totally wasn't like there were any laxatives in there. He looked a bit confused for a second before putting on a fake smile. He then told them that if they needed anything, he would be there because he took the Hunter exam numerous times. The moment he left, Y/n turned to Killua and said, "There were laxatives in that but we're immune so we can use him to our advantage,"

"You're thinking like an assassin again. You have your own life now, you don't have have to do the critical thinking we were taught to do," Killua scolded his older sister.

Y/n nodded in shame. She wondered if she could ever change herself.

[timeskip]

More contestants had started to walk in. Y/n and Killua had decided to split up and make friends. Y/n was looking around, searching for people to befriend when someone bumped into her. They apologised, making her turn her head towards them. The male had striking golden eyes, bright red hair and clown-like makeup. She accepted his apology and introduced herself to him with a smile as sweet as honey.

"What a lovely name you have there, dear~ My name is Hisoka," The male now known as Hisoka introduced.

Ignoring the fact that he called her 'dear', she started a conversation with him.Contestants that were re-taking the hunter exam after failing stared at the two in shock. They had expected the menacing Hisoka to brutally murder her but that wasn't the case. The two had a great time chatting with one another and eventually became great friends. After awhile, Y/n looked around and saw Killua walking around. She smiled slightly at him.

[another timeskip]

The examiner eventually came out and announced the start to the hunter exam. Will Y/n pass the first phase?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be a timeskip to them running. I also would like to apologise for slow updates. I have recently joined a new school and it ends much later than im used to. The school is also further so i have to wake up earlier thus ive been very tired.