Prologue: Meet the Eighth

2012

It was finally the moment where Bighit Entertainment and Source Music were going to debut the first girl group of their companies. It goes by the name of 'Glam', a five-member group consisting of Trinity, Jiyeon, Zinni, Dahee and Miso.

The group was supposed to have six members. However, the missing member was only standing backstage, watching her former trainees, now girl group members getting fixed for their debut stage.

"It was nice to see you supporting them, Eunbyeol."

The manager of Glam approached the girl whom he called by her first name. He received a smile from the girl as she turned her head to face him.

"I'm really glad Pd-nim allowed me.", the girl replied before looking at the group once again, rethinking about the decision she had made.

Kang Eunbyeol.

She was one of those girls who had the biggest dreams.

And it was the dream of being known as an artist. A music artist.

Eunbyeol grew up in a family who had took a liking on music. With a Korean father and a Filipino-American mother, she was greatly exposed on different kinds of songs, of different language and genre. They always sang together, whether at home or in a karaoke. Their family really loved music.

But, it never crossed their minds to make it a profession.

Her father and mother were both corporate businessmen. They work in different companies and it paid well for the both of them. It was their profession.

And they wanted it to be Eunbyeol's work too.

The girl did take Business Administration as her course in the moment. She loved it, and she was doing good at the course.

But, there was a burning passion inside Eunbyeol that she couldn't ignore for long.

At the age of 8, she had dreamt of becoming a singer and perform in front of many people. That's how simple her dreams were when she was young.

At the age of 12, her passion for music started to grow and she was becoming interested in it. She wanted to produce, she wanted to write songs and lyrics. When she heard one of her role model's songs, she even took a liking on rap.

That lead to different turn of events.

Of course, her parents weren't supportive of her first when she opened up about it. But, with a promise she made, they soon agreed and now, she was in Seoul, under the company of Bighit Entertainment.

It was in the middle of 2010 when she went to Bighit and passed the audition under the Vocal and Rap category. She knew how to dance, but she had gone for something she was confident.

And she was accepted as a trainee, then a group. It was Glam.

They trained together. They slept on the same dorms together. They ate and go out together for meals and trips, and Eunbyeol grew to love them as her sisters.

However, in 2012 - the year where she was supposed to debut with them - she decided to step out of the group and only work as a producer.

Eunbyeol was comtemplating at that time. She was training and producing music, while she was also entering college at the same time. She remembered her promise to her parents of graduating, and she could recall what her parents told her.

"We wouldn't stop you, Eun. But, you have to go to college or else."

She didn't want to disappoint her parents, and she also didn't want to just stop herself from reaching her dreams.

Her members respected her decision, and they were still supportive of the path she was taking. Eunbyeol was thankful for that. She had just told the group that she would be cheering for them.

"Did I really made the right decision of not debuting with them?", Eunbyeol asked her former manager. The man only smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You have to ask that to yourself.", he replied. "But you'll find your time soon. I know that."

With that, the manager finally excused himself and walked to the group, who instantly saw Eunbyeol and waved at her happily. The girl smiled and did the same thing.

'They really dreamt of this.' Eunbyeol thought. 'I'll be finding the motivation to chase my dreams too.'

When the members of Glam finished preparing, Eunbyeol walked out of the backstage and went to the audience area to watch their debut stage.

"That was amazing you guys!"

Eunbyeol cheered and gave the girls a hug after they finished their performance.

"You totally nailed it!", the girl exclaimed, letting go from the hug.

"How couldn't we nail it? We have the bestest producer.", Miso sing-song and placed an arm around Eunbyeol.

The girl smiled before they went through hugs again. Eunbyeol was now wet due to the girls' sweat, but she didn't mind it at all.

"But I wished you could be there too.", Zinni then spoke up with a pout. "You had dreamt of being on stage ever since!"

The other girls nodded in agreement to their member. They remembered.

"Don't worry.", she smiled. "I'll find a way to step out on stage and perform like you do. Soon."

They all continued to talk, not noticing the CEO listening to their whole conversation from the other side of the backstage.

His presence was only recognized when he walked towards them, with Eunbyeol recognizing him.

"Pd-nim?"

The members of Glam then looked at the direction the girl was looking, and saw the middle-aged man now in front of them. They bowed at him and he smiled.

"Congratulation on your debut.", Pd-nim smiled and got 'thank you's as a response. "You've worked hard. Now, you can relax for a bit. I'll talk to Eunbyeol for a while."

The five members nodded and bid their goodbyes to their former member before walking out. Pd-nim led Eunbyeol back to Bighit building, specifically to the conference room. The girl looked at the door, then at the man beside her.

"What are we doing here, Pd-nim?", she asked in curiosity as they entered the room.

When they finally seated, Pd-nim looked over to her.

"I would like to give you a chance to debut again.", Pd-nim said with a smile on his face, which earned a shocked expression from Eunbyeol.

"Huh?"

"I'll put you into a group again. You can deny anytime and still work as a producer.", he explained, with the girl still processing everything that's happening. "But, I would like you to meet one of the members first."

As soon as those words left Pd-nim, a knock came from the door before it opened, revealing a boy near Eunbyeol's age. He was wearing a black jacket and jeans, with a pair of sunglasses resting between his nose bridge.

"Hello Pd-nim.", the boy bowed as soon as he got inside the room, merely looking over to the girl that was with Pd-nim.

That outfit then became all familiar to Eunbyeol as she turned to look at the boy.

"Namjoon?"

A/N ;

Hi everyone! I'm back for another chapter!

I will now start publishing some chapters that involves scenarios and dialogue. These chapters will mostly describe VIKING's life in pre-debut and as a member of BTS.

I really did my best in making it interesting to read, so I hope you all love it!

-

BTW, I've just thought that I still haven't had any nicknames for y'all! Can you suggest any, my lovely readers? 🥺❤️