Chapter 02: Welcome to the Group

"Meet our 8th member, Kang Eunbyeol."

A second of silence followed after Namjoon's announcement. He kept smiling, but the girl beside him was beginning to sweat in nervousness and her negative thoughts were now clouding her mind.

I already expected the reaction, but... is it really that bad? I guess I don't really belong here and I should-

Eunbyeol's thoughts were interrupted a set of arms hugging her from her side. She blinked a few times to regain her composure, before looking over Taehyung and Hoseok who were hugging her for dear life.

"Welcome to the team, Eunbyeol noona!", Taehyung cheered, showing his boxy smile that the girl was very fond of seeing.

"I hope you'll love being with us!", Hoseok then exclaimed with happiness visible all over his face.

They kept hugging Eunbyeol and she just smiled to them, trying her best to show how awkward she is by how close they were to her. Thankfully, Seokjin stepped in and pulled the two away from the girl. Eunbyeol sighed in relief.

"Don't make our new member uncomfortable.", Seokjin scolded the two boys before facing the girl with a warm smile. "Welcome to the group, Eunbyeol-ah."

"Thank you, Seokjin-ssi.", Eunbyeol smiled back. She then thought of something, making her a bit flustered.

"Actually... uhm... can I just call you by your name?", the girl muttered, feeling small around Seokjin. "I'm not really that comfortable with calling you 'oppa'... sorry."

Eunbyeol expected a remark from the older, but she only got a pat. She looked up and saw him smiling.

"That's okay. You can just call me Jin."

The girl couldn't help but smile back at the boy in front of him, even to the boys surrounding her at that very moment. Eunbyeol couldn't believe how warm they welcomed her.

She didn't really expect that it would be easy for them to accept that news thrown at them, but she was thankful.

"By the way, Pd-nim told us that we could leave early and get to know Eunbyeol more.", Namjoon then announced, making the boys cheer in delight. They badly want to rest and just relax.

"Wait!", Eunbyeol exclaimed, making the others look at her.

"I-i mean... we don't have to go out, you already know me.", she shyly chuckled while waving her hands at them. "You can just rest. I know you all need it."

The boys chuckled before Hoseok placed a shoulder on her.

"It's alright, Noona. We'll eat, but it'll be on the dorms and you have to come with us. Seokjin hyung's cooking."

Hoseok looked over at Seokjin who was talking with Jimin. The eldest then noticed and tilted his head. "What?"

"You're gonna cook for us hyung!" Taehyung beamed, and the rest nodded to him.

"Alright, alright."

With Seokjin's approval, the rest were loud once again.

"You'll hang out with us right?", Namjoon then asked Eunbyeol, waiting for her answer. They looked at her with anticipation.

"I could never turn down homemade food.", the girl smiled.

The boys hurriedly packed their things before they finally left the dance studio with Eunbyeol.

-

"Welcome to our homely abode."

Seokjin formally welcome, gesturing for Eunbyeol to come inside their dorms.