Epilogue

For the people who will read the rewrite (thank you so much for that) pleaseee do not comment stuff that may spoil future events

I also saw some people being a little confused or unsure, and I guess that my comment on the last line of the previous chapter got buried, but yeah the last line of the previous chapter 🤝 the last line of the first chapter. They be connected

READ THE IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END

...2 years later

Lorenzo sighed deeply, following me into our bedroom, where I was sitting on the edge of our bed with Sapphire in my arms, feeding her a meat stick that smelled disgusting, but that she seemed to love more than receiving pets on her head. "Are you really going to ignore me?" He asked in his puppy voice, which was meant to butter me up and make me forgive him for the small things he did that nevertheless annoyed me at times. Whilst looking at me with sad eyes, he undid the top buttons of his perfectly ironed white shirt, showcasing the sparse wisps of hair that peppered his chiseled chest.

I initially opted for silence, but I'd never been one to keep my mouth shut for too long, so I spoke up after a few seconds. "Yeah, I plan on doing that. I told you multiple times that I didn't want to stay out late, but you had to stay with those loud idiots, as if you didn't see them everyday at work anyway. You know we have a busy day tomorrow, and you know I need my sleep." I retorted irritatedly, setting Saph down on the bed when she began thrashing: now that she was fed, she was more than happy to walk away from me and zoom out of the room. I took advantage of the fact that my hands were free to reach for the zipper on the side of my body and unzip the long, elegant dress I had worn for Lorenzo's refined dinner party, hosted by the law firm he had recently become a partner at after working there for over a year.

He stepped towards me, probably with the intention to help me slip out of the gown, but I moved away and sent him an angry glare. "Oh, come on, Alison. You can't tell me that you didn't have fun." He continued, giving up on trying to touch me and hopping onto searching for silver linings, unaware of the fact that there were none.

The whole night had sucked for me, starting from one particular lecherous man to Lorenzo's colleagues' wives, whom had all gathered into a small group and had only talked among themselves, leaving me with one of the female lawyers whom had been too caught up with a case to leave her phone, not that she would've cared about the presence of a 21-year-old otherwise, since everyone had been hanging out with their friends and she would've done just that, too. "I didn't, actually. But it's whatever, I can't go back in time to fix it, and I'm definitely not going to waste more of my time arguing with you when I need to shower and go to sleep to try to at least get 7 hours of sleep." I countered, removing my underwear and tossing it into the laundry basket, then making my way to the master en-suite.

Lorenzo scoffed, unbuckling his belt and unfastening his black slacks' zipper. "Alright, honestly, you didn't even try. You were not in the mood from the start. I at least kept trying to include you, but you didn't want to cooperate one bit. This isn't all on me." He defended, getting rid of his clothes and following me into the large shower stall.