LV

I don't mean this in a bad way, I truly appreciate the fact that you like this story so much that you can't wait for a new chapter, but please stop asking/telling me to update.

My updating schedule has been in my bio for months now, I usually update once a week, so if I already updated, the next chapter will most likely be posted the following week. Any exceptions to that rule will be announced on my Message Board.

I don't keep the chapters away from you, if I don't update it's because there's nothing to be posted yet.

Also, I stayed up till 5:30 am to complete and edit this chapter, which is almost 1K words longer than usual, so yall better comment & love it or I'll be mad.

I opened the car door and slipped inside the sleek black vehicle, sighing in relief once the rain droplets stopped hitting my skin. The walk from the block where my new therapist's office was located to the car was short to say the least, but the rain was heavy and unforgiving, and I didn't have an umbrella with me. As a result, I was completely soaked, to the point where my sundress had become almost see-through, snugly sticking to my form like a second skin. "Thanks for picking me up." I mumbled, huffing immediately after and pushing a few wet strands of my hair out of my face.

"Don't mention it." Lorenzo said kindly, a small smile lingering on his pale pink lips. "It's raining quite a bit, huh?"

I turned to fully look— no, glare, at his smug expression. "We've got a comedian here." I snarled in annoyance, actually sticking my middle finger up at him like an immature child.

The Italian man chuckled in response and lightly shook his head, as he always did whenever I acted in an adorable manner. His eyes slid down my body, widened, and his laughter faded away instantly. "Are you cold?" His voice was devoid of any humor, deeper than how it had been just a moment earlier.

Confused by the sudden change in his demeanor, I looked down at myself and noticed that my baby blue chiffon sundress did absolutely nothing to hide my nipples, which had hardened due to the unexpected drop in temperature. I had gone braless that afternoon, since the sun had been burning in the sky for the entire day. Now, at 6.30, it was pouring. "A bit chilly, yeah." I shifted in my seat, the intensity of his gaze successfully starting to warm me up from the inside.

He reluctantly dragged his eyes away from me and draped his right arm over the back of the passenger seat, glancing behind us as he reversed out of the small parking lot. "So, how was it?" He asked with genuine interest once we were on the road, turning on the heat for me.

I lifted one shoulder in a half-shrug and proceeded to fasten my seatbelt when he gestured for me to do so. "It was okay, I guess. Definitely not something I'm looking forward to doing twice a week."