4. Rock And A Hard Place

All the dancers are warming up as Chris and Kate walk into the studio. "Attention dancers! Attention please" Chris said, then all the dancers stop streaching. "Some exciting news. It looks like we are gonig to be competing at a local dance competition this weekend" Kate said, then all the dancers started to cheer.
"We're going to a small competition this weekend. It's almost like rehearsal for regionals" Kate said.
"We get to scope out the competition of, like, the other studios around the area" Tiffany explains.
"It'll give us a chance to go out and get used to being on stage again" Eldon said.
"We're gonig to switch it up a bit, and I'm gonig to change the line positions. You'll perform for Chris and I and then I'll make the decision" Kate told all the dancers.
"I don't know what Kate is trying to pull right now, but there is absolutely no way I'm letting her take this responsibility away from me. I AM the dance captain" Emily said.

Emily, Kate and Chris walk into the office and Emily says "The dance positions are usually made up by the dance captain the dance captain is me, right?" Kate replied with " It's true, Emily, but I just feel like there's a lot of tension in the air, and it's probably best if the positions come from Chris and I." Emily had her hands folded and says "how are the dancers supposed to trust me, of even respect me, if you keep taking away my responsibilities as dance captain?"
"Emily is dance captain and I think it's up to me and Kate to just let her do what she needs to do" Chris said.
"She knows what she's doing, and I know she wants to win" Kate said.
Kate looked at Emily and said "ok, fine. You can set the dance positions." Chris said "remember our main objective." Kate adds on "and do what's best for the team."
Emily looked at Kate and said "Ms Kate, I always do what's best for MY team" then smiled.

The dancers are still stretching as Tiffany walks up to Daniel and says "so, I heard you were choreographing for J troupe. What's up with that?"
"I'm gonig to work with them later on" Daniel told Tiffany.
"Daniel just joined A-troupe and already he wants to choreograph? The E-girls can't let him have that much power" Tiffany says.
"You know I did that before?" Tiffany asked Daniel. Daniel shook his head and said "no." Tiffany nodded and said "yeah, you know what they're like? They're crazy." Daniel whispers "no." Tiffany smiles saying "but you'll be fine. You'll be fine. You'll be fine."
"Well, no, what do you mean?" Daniel asked her.
"E-girl rulenumber 46: never let anyone else in A-troupe look too good" Tiffany said.
"You're tense now. I can sense it" Tiffany said. Daniel looked at her and quickly said "Well, you've got me all nervous!" Tiffany crossed her arms and said "yeah. They'll sense that. They'll sniff it out. Have fun. Ok. Have fun. Don't be like this. Like a robot, like..." then did a robot impression. "Ok" Daniel said. "Ok" Tiffany replied.
"I'm a little shaken up. If they rattled her up  they're gonig to tear me apart" Daniel said.
Emily and Stephanie came back with a clipboard. "All right, everybody! Are you ready?" Emily said to all the dancers. "The order is Chloe, Tiffany, Daniel, Eldon, James, Stephanie, Riley, Michelle, West and then Carly" Emily added.
"Right now, I'm holding auditions for the dance placements" Emily said.
Chloe was up first to dance. "She just has to earn her place, though. You know? She's new" Emily said to Stephanie.
"Dance placement is an indicator for the hierarchy in the dance studio" Emily told the camera.
Tiffany went up next. "The only thing I wish is shed put more technical things in her routine"
West is up next. (I just relized she said West last and he's 3rd but I'm just gonig with it) West did flips and tricks and he did one of his tricks. Emily said "oh! That was sick. That was really cool" with a small clap.
"If you were places in the front row, it basically means that you're one of the strongest dancers" Riley said.
James is up next to dance. He does tricks and flips to show Emily what he's got.
"And if you're in the back, it's kind of like a diss" Chloe said.
Stephanie danced next.
"I'm pretty confident that I'm gonig to be in the front row. Not only am I Emily's best friend, I'm also one of the best dancers in the troupe" Stephanie said.
Eldon danced next. Emily smiled at how good he is but when he gave her a look at the end, she said "but let's, er.... let's take some points off of that really creepy look."
Riley went up next and she did really good. Carly and Emily looked at her and when she did a good move they said "nice." Riley started to mess up and all what Carly wanted to do was help her out but she couldn't.
"I am dancing terribly. I'm forgetting everything. I've never danced this bad before in my life" Riley said.
"Riley usually get nervous. She's very shy. But she's an amazing dancer and I know she'll be ok" Steph said.
Riley messes up again and Emily cheered her on "good how! Whoo! Go, Riley!"
"Back row, here I come" Riley said.
"All right. Michelle, let's go" Emily said in a bored tone. Michelle danced and turned. "She's not footing that turn" Emily said. Michelle kept dancing and Carly was impressed. "That jump could've been higher" Emily told Steph. "It was really high" Stephanie replied. "Could been higher" she said again.
"I'm pulling out some of my best tricks, and I really hope that Emily and Stephanie are impressed" Michelle said.
Michelle did another flip and Emily said "oh, another flip." Michelle finished. (Sorry I had to type this, couldn't find the video)
"Carly, your up" Emily said. Carly went to start the dance.