Chapter Two

After that night Carl and Benjamin became close and always check on each other or meet ones in a while because they are so busy with there works.
Carl work in a law firm while Benjamin work as a manager in his cafe where they always meet.

All the employer of Benjamin cafe are used to see him coming in chatting with their boss or sometimes when he comes in they always left the cafe together with their boss. So as he walks in today, he went to sit at his designated sit and one of the waiter walks to his table with a smile on her face.

" Good morning Mr Carl, should I bring the same thing or you are changing your order today"

" How many times am I going to tell you Kathleen, not to call me Mr Carl but Carl and am not changing my order it's still the same" He said flashing a smile to the girl making her blush because he is a man who can be classified as handsome with the beautiful deep brown eyes that when stare into can make people drown in, the straight pointed nose with a contoured high cheek with a pearl of straight white teeth that doesn't loses it smile despite him leaving on a borrowed time.

A/N  Sorry don't know how to describe you just have to bear with me🙈

" Am sorry I keep forgetting, I will get your coffee for you and Benjamin said he will be with you in a minute" She said and walk back to the counter to prepare his order for him with her cheek still pink

Benjamin walks out of his office and look at Carl  sitting and looking through his phone while sipping his coffee and feels a pang of sadness for him, he shakes his head and past a fake smile on his face and walk to his table and draw the chair and sit facing him.

" How have you been? I was even planning on coming over to your office until you showed up, it shows our minds work the same way or do you miss me" Benjamin said teasingly

" Who missed you I just come here to get my coffee and I will be going back soon because I have to attend a meeting with my client"

" Which client is that?"

" He is a new client, his file was submitted to my office just a few days ago by my secretary, so we are to meet today. His wife filed for a divorce and want to keep the kids but he wants to keep his children because with what I read briefly in his file was that his wife doesn't take care of the kids when they are together so he doesn't want his kids to be neglected by his wife when she's doing her business"

" So he wants to claim the custody of the children base on that?"

" Yes"

" And do you think he is going to win base on that?"

" Why not? If he as a good case he will surely win"

" So how have you been?"

" Am good"

" I know you are good but I don't mean that, how have you being feeling I hope you don't feel..."

" Suicidal?" Carl finished the statement with a question

" Hmm yes?" He asked seriously

" You worry too much, like I said everything just got to me on that day due to the news I received from the doctor, am sticking to your advice like you said so am enjoying the remaining time I have left"

" By burying yourself into your work, that's not what I mean by enjoying yourself, when do you go out last, I mean on a date or have sex last"

" Are you dumb or you are pretending to be dumb. How can I go out with someone when am leaving on a borrowed time? And do you have to ask about sex, don't tell me you wish to have sex with me" Carl said teasingly with a small smile on his and started to count down in his head the seconds it will take for Benjamin to burst out with disgust on his face.