Chapter One

It was a cloudless night and there was no stars in the sky, the weather was so cold and everywhere was so dull and dark except from the light reflecting from the moving cars.
It feels as if the mother nature can feel the sadness and agony of the man who is standing on the edge of the tallest building roof feels.
He keeps moving forward step by step until he reached the last edge of the rooftop, he look down to see where everything is going to end for him.
He brace himself to face his death with tears trickling down his face by moving the last step to is death but was stopped by a strong grip on his waist, he felt the person holding him with all his might moving back from his freedom and he started struggling to get away from the hand holding him.
He was pulled away and was gently dropped on the roof, he looked up to see who just took his freedom away and was meet with a blue eye which is staring at him with pity, anger, sympathy and a look he can't pinpoint, he looked away and stand up dusting is hand on his jeans.

" What is wrong with you? Are you drunk or what? The stranger queries
But he doesn't answer him but keep glaring at him

"What the fuck is wrong, that makes you want to jump to your death" he ask again but was met with silent " Can't you talk or are you a mute?" he questioned starting to feel annoy when he didn't receive any answer

Carl was looking at the guy who just save him with great annoyance, if look could kill he will be six feet down now, he turn around to go out but was stop by a hand, he fling the hand and shoot the guy a annoying ice glare and said " Don't fucking touch me again"

"Oh! So you can talk I thought you are a mute, but why don't you answer me when I was asking you questions"

" Do I need to give you an answer"

" But I saved you. Like doesn't it mean something to you"

" I never beg or plead to you to safe me and why the fuck do you even safe me?"

" But you are trying to kill yourself and as a good human it's my duty to stop you from harming yourself"

"Are you a cop or what? And even if you are why can't you mind your business and let me die in peace, instead of poke nosing into what doesn't concerned you"

" Am not a cop, You can't waste away your life like that, do you know how many people who are dead but if they are giving a chance to choose between life and death will choose the life you want to end abruptly"

" Can you stop preaching to me, if I need to listen to sermon I will either go to the church or mosque for that"

He tried to walk away but was stopped by what the statement uttered by the stranger
" You are so selfish"

He turned back with anger and said to him
" What if you have sixty days left to leave won't you just end it, Answer me, won't you"
He asked with tears running down his face furiously

" What?"

" You heard me"

" Oh, I mean what do you mean by saying it remain sixty days left for you to leave. I don't understand

" I have CAD"

" What does that mean?

"CAD means coronary artery disease or Ischemic heart disease, CAD occurs when the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart become narrowed. So do you understand now"

A/N This was searched for on the internet, am not a medical student i don't know anything pertaining to medicine but I hope this is correct.

" Yes I get it now. "But can't it be treated cured"

" It's a terminal disease and there is no cure for it as for now, it's getting worst said the doctor and I only have two months left so..."

" So you just think you should end it, right? Wow! This is really serious but still that doesn't mean you should just end it like that, there are many things you can still do in between the two months"

" Like what?"

" Like enjoying those two remaining months to the fullest, you may have some wish you want to fulfill but haven't yet so you will just use those two months to fulfill them"

" I don't have any wish to fulfill"

" You don't?"

" Yes I don't except you can cure me or get me a cure"

"Oh! That is a hard one there"

Carl stares at him and shake is head, he feels empty it as if the anger him just vaporise

" Thank you"

"What?"

" Are you deaf or what"

" Must you insult ehn, is not like I don't hear you am just surprised" He looks at Carl's face and see his expression changing and quickly correct himself laughing "Hahaha...It okay you don't have to be grateful like I said it is what I suppose to do as a good citizen,if you don't mind me asking, you are a short tempered person right?" He ask scratching is head nervously and peeping at Carl under is lashes

" No am not, I think it is everything thing that am going through that is getting to me and makes me snap at you. Am sorry"

" It okay I understand you"

" My name is Carl and you are?"
Carl ask him with a smile on his face and is hand outstretched in front of him to shake it

" Oh yeah we never introduce ourselves. My name is Benjamin, Benjamin Jackson"
Carl look at him to check whether he is serious but he can see he is serious and burst into laughter

" What"

" Your name, I mean Benjamin Jackson as in BJ that stands for B..." Benjamin interject and stopped him from completing the sentence" Don't you dare complete that statement you hear, don't dare "

" But that is your name, I mean blow job"

" How dare you? I said not to complete it but you went ahead and dare me, wait let me catch you am gonna teach you lesson" Benjamin said this jokingly why chasing Carl on the rooftop who was laughing and dodging him.

There laughter filled the dark dull night and they forget there sorrows for now.
The night marks the beginning of there short time friendship.

A/n
Hello lovelies, am changing the plot of the story, am sorry if it's different for what you have read before both here and on my other account.
Which I won't be using again because I can't login into my old account.

I change the plot because I can't find my draft and have lost interest in the story.
I just thought why not just changed the storyline and see.

So here I am doing so and hope you guys will enjoy it.

Please comment and vote because I love it when my readers comments, it shows they are enjoying the book and it may motivate me to write more in the future.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

P.S English is not my first language so pardon me for my errors both in the construction of the sentences and punctuations.

The updates will be very slow cos I will soon be starting my exams. Thanks
Love Halnab♥️