𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

As she waited for Ryder to call her downstairs to take her to school the day after the dance, Lexi sat at her desk with her head in her hand as she doodled on the cover of her songbook. While her pen danced across the item in front of her, her thoughts kept going back to the dance last night and how the guys chose their revenge plans over something that was really important to her and Julie. Even though the redhead didn't know him too well, Alex was family and the most important thing her parents taught her about family was that you never turn your back on them, which was something Lexi felt would happen repeatedly if she continued to associate herself with Sunset Curve.

When she finished her drawing of the sun in the corner of the cover, Lexi closed her songbook before going into the bathroom to splash some warm water on her face in an attempt to calm her growing nerves. Once she accomplished her task to the best of her abilities, the redhead wiped off the excess water and pulled her hair back into a ponytail before walking back into her room, only for her to freeze right outside her bathroom door at the sight of the ghosts of Sunset Curve standing on the other side of her bed.

"Oh, no. I'm not doing this right now. Get out," Lexi told them while pointing towards the door, just for the three boys to stare back at her like lost puppies.

"Look, Lex, we're really-"

"Sorry. Yeah, you already said that," the girl interrupted Luke before crossing her arms over her chest and leaning back against the wall behind her, "the thing is, I've heard that simple five-letter word so many times that it lost its meaning."

"We know it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night and we know we let you and Julie down," Reggie said while unconsciously fiddling with his fingers.

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you or Julie," Alex added as he swayed back and forth on his feet, a trait that both he and Lexi did when they were anxious, "you guys are the best things that's happened to us since we became ghosts."

"'Best things'? Seriously? Alex, you've barely acknowledged the fact that we're related since we found that little fact out. I know next to nothing about you and you seem to be fine with that," the redheaded girl retaliated, causing the blonde boy's guilty expression to return before Lexi turned her attention towards Luke, "while you only seem to care about this band, which you forgot about at the drop of a dime, and not the fact that you pressured Julie and tried to pressure me to join." The guitarist just stared at the shorter girl in front of him as she turned her gaze to Reggie.