01

Nara's POV

After many years, I have finally decided to achieve what I wanted. Living independently, leaving my family, depending on my own to feed myself, I have finally made a decision.

Leaving my country and going to a whole new world. foreign language, traditions and lifestyle, South Korea.

Ever since I was little, I fantasized about living there. I tried learning myself the language and the basics. Now that I finally graduated high school, I wanted to completely become independent and continue my university education there and that was against my parents' consent.

I decided to go against them just to achieve my dreams of being a professional actor graduate from South Korea, Seoul.

Here I am standing infront of my new home. it's not that fancy, quite shabby I may say. it's in a small neighborhood across a dark alley, I can't deny the fact that it's actually creepy to live here, but that's all I can afford since I'm using my savings for paying my little tuition fees, rent and food. off course, I need a part time job.

[Time Skip]

Now that I'm job hunting, I took this opportunity as an excuse to wander around Seoul city and just admire what once I used to see in photos only. I felt really proud seeing how far I fought to be able to stand where I'm standing right now.

The city lights almost hypnotized me until I came back to my senses and realized that I need to find a freaking job.

I passed by many many cafés, but there was this specific one that oddly attracted me, and I found my feet carrying me there. once I stepped in, the smell of well brewed coffee and freshly baked cake hit me. it felt really cozy, just like home. it reminded me of my mom. if she didn't secretly encourage me to go here, I don't think I would've been able to leave my country.

After I snapped out of my thoughts I noticed someone weirdly staring at me. I'm not sure it's because I'm a foreigner to him, or just because he was surprised by a visit since he clearly didn't have any customers. empty tables everywhere.

I decided to boldly greet him and straightforwardly ask if he was in need of any workers.

-"Hello" I bowed
-"Hello to you too" he smiled warmly
-"I was wondering if you're looking for any workers, I'm new here and I'm looking for a part-time job to live" I spouted nervously

his smile dropped and I felt my guts drop along
he sighed and shook his head
-"unfortunately I don't need any help, I think I can handle this on my own! Goodluck with your job hunting tho!" he said gently

I heavily sighed and twirled on my heels to head out, until he interrupted "wait!"

I quickly turned back to him with a questioning face and waited for him to say what he wanted to say.

-"now that I think about it, I do need help at night, I'm a bit old and handling night shifts is kinda troublesome! so some help would be really fine!"

I almost didn't believe his words and suddenly words couldn't form a proper scentence anymore.

he noticed my surprised expression and added,

-"All weekdays from 7pm till 11:30pm, I'll pay you 500,000 Won, how does that suit you?"
-"that's amazing! it suits me perfectly! when do I start working?" I nearly jumped out of excitement
-"Next Monday, since this week is already coming to an end! Call me uncle Jaehyun!" he smiled cheerfully
-"okay then uncle Jaehyun, I'll start on Monday! I'm Nara by the way! Thankyou for this opportunity, I'm sure I won't let you down"

and with that, I bowed and waved him goodbye and happily skipped my way to my apartment.

it was already dark and I had to pass through this dark creepy alley to get to my apartment complex, I swear my stomach dropped while passing through it, and I knew that I have to get used to it because that's my new life now.

New life, new job, new school, new friends and maybe new lover? nahhh

I brushed off those ideas and carefully focused on arriving to my apartment while planning what to wear on my first day of university on Monday.

time flies fast doesn't it.