Chapter VII: Trust

A/N: IT'S BEEN A WHILE (a whole ass year lmao)!!!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

//TW: cussing, shooting, blood, death, angst

________________

          The afternoon was spent with Choi San and Jung Wooyoung at the bar. It was mostly Hongjoong and Mingi watching Wooyoung trying to flirt with any woman in sight while San tried to stop him. They would also listen to the nonsensical stories from some of the drunk pirates. They also witnessed a "barfight" --which ended quickly because both men passed out on the floor before they could even throw the first punch-- so that was fun.

          After a couple of drinks, Mingi and Hongjoong went up to their assigned rooms. Wooyoung had given them a room across one another. He did warn them about certain noises they might hear from the neighboring rooms. Right now, Hongjoong was sitting on his bed checking the contents of his bag, Mingi keeping him company from the door. The tall man sported a frown on his face. Hongjoong was starting to get ticked off.

          "If you have something to say, spit it out." Said Hongjoong without looking up from the bag.

          "Don't you think we should be more cautious? We don't even know these guys. How can you be so sure that they're telling the truth?"

          Hongjoong's hand grabbed the handle of the dagger and pulled it out of the bag. The weight of the weapon distracts him a little. "I don't know, Mingi. It just feels right." He replies with a shrug.

          Mingi's eye twitched. "You do realize you're acting out of pure impulse, right? You're not thinking things through and you're just throwing yourself into situations head-first."

          Hongjoong examined his dagger as the blade glinted with the moonlight.

          "I told you already. I'm just following-"

          "'Your damned gut.' I know, hyung. Listen, just because Calypso blessed you with supernatural powers, that doesn't make you unstoppable."

          Hongjoong finally looked up and glared at Mingi. "I know what I'm doing."

          "No, you clearly don't."

          Before Hongjoong could open his mouth for a rebuttal, Mingi had crossed the room and grabbed him the collar of his shirt.

          "Don't you see it?! We have a bounty over our fucking heads! You're so crazy over finding Utopia that you seem to not care about your own fucking life! You just dragged two damned assassins into this whole mess! Don't you see I'm trying to help you?!" He shouted to Hongjoong's face.

          Hongjoong just glared into Mingi's eyes. "Let me fucking go, Mingi." He muttered through gritted teeth.

          "Not until you get it through your stupid little head. You're not alone in this journey. I just wished you would listen to what I have to say for once!"

          Hongjoong opened his mouth to say something until he noticed the glistening of Mingi's dark eyes. He was crying. The moonlight accentuated the dripping tears. Hongjoong just looked at him in disbelief, guilt eating at his gut.

          "Mingi..."

          Mingi sniffled as he let go of Hongjoong to wipe away his tears.

          "I just don't want you to die." Muttered Mingi. With that, Mingi left the room to go to his own.

          Hongjoong just sat there in shock staring at where Mingi was previously standing. He felt so stupid. He just dragged Mingi into this without thinking about how he felt. Mingi had gone through so much. He started thinking of all the times he would speak over him and ignore what he had to say. Mingi has been trying to help him all this time. How could he have disregarded his brother's feelings like that? He should go and apologize.