Chapter XV: A Fish Among Sharks

//TW: Profanity

_____________________

          "This doesn't make any sense..."

          A thick file sat on Yeosang's desk. Stacks upon stacks of reports and news articles were piled up before him, all related to the Stray Kids Pirates. They were a small crew composed of eight members: Lee Minho, Hwang Hyunjin, Yang Jeongin, Han Jisung, Seo Changbin, Kim Seungmin, Bang Christopher Chan, and Lee Yongbok, the latter being Lee Felix. Some digging led him to find out it was Commander Song who later changed his name.

          Among the papers, he found files for each individual member with information like their routines, relationships, diets, tattoos, scars... they were too detailed. He thought of ways this information could be possible: an insider or a spy, until he realized something. Where's the ship? All of these details and no ship? They forgot to mention the fucking ship? He knew there were no missing papers because with the amount of papers here, at least one of them should mention it.

          Where were the bounty posters?

          It could be that Stray Kids Pirates never existed. It would explain why he had never heard of them before. But why?

          One of the things that also stood out to him was an old roll book where all their names showed up. Very unassuming at first, until he saw one other name there.

          Kim Hongjoong.

          The ink for his name looked much newer than the rest. That roll book was a list of Aurora's Children. If his suspicions were true, the Navy is planning using them like they're using Lee Felix.

          As human weapons.

          What did actually happen to the rest of Stray Kids and the other names in the roll book? Why go to such lengths to make up identities for eight of them? Is there another reason why Lee Felix is here? What is Commander Song planning?

          One thing was certain. Yeosang wanted no part on this.

          If Commander Song thought he could use him as a pawn, he was severely mistaken. He needed to be more careful from now on, if he wanted to make it out of this unscathed.

          A quiet knock was heard outside of his chamber door. With Yeosang's permission, one of his subordinates stepped in.

          "Did anyone see you come in?"

          "Negative. Everyone's in town," answered the man.

          "Good. I want you to find out one more thing for me," Yeosang muttered, pensive.

          This was a little risky, but he needed to know where he stood with Commander Song. If he has been lying to him, there's a high chance he wasn't being particularly honest about her and her well-being.

          "Find out whether or not Kang Yuna is still alive."

_____

          Juno had dragged San and Wooyoung to the docks to buy supplies for the upcoming trip. The streets were filled with activity and noise all around. There was lots of marines presence all around.

          It's been almost an hour and most of their orders were already packed on the ship. A few more things and they would be ready to sail.

          "Should we get a new stash of weapons? We're already running low on ammunition and knives," Wooyoung inquired.