Chapter Eight

It had been three months since the accident, It was getting hard to sleep, but the vaccine I had been given helped with some of the coughing. I was told that once in the hospital and when I got worse, I would use an oxygen mask. That really wasn't appealing to me, but I had to wear it so I could spend as much time with Daichi as possible. In all honesty, It wasn't as bad as I thought it would've been, but that thought would bite me in the back before I knew it.

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

It was a wonderful sight, a golden glow, a scent that was soft yet makes you yearn for more. My eyes fell upon the one weakness I had. Food. Daichi had woken up early enough to make us both a big breakfast. Warm, steaming pancakes sat on the counter, juicy bacon lay on a plate, almost making me want to gobble them up in a single bite. I peered up to catch my lover staring at me with a soft gaze. 

"How does it look Kōshi," Daichi chuckled slightly, "Does it look appetizing?" 

My mouth seemed to be watering at this point, I just wanted to sit down this second and eat this amazing meal. "Uh ya it does." Daichi shook his head in amusement before serving the dishes to the table and pulling out a chair for me.

"Sir, please have a seat." Daichi gestured to the chair and I quickly skipped over, I curtsied slightly and sat down, Daichi pushed the chair in afterward. 

"Why thank you," I giggled, "You're such a gentleman."

"Only the best for you my angel~" Daichi purred while leaning down to give me a peck on the top of my silver hair.  He twisted around and grabbed the rest of the food before sitting down in his own seat and pouring himself a glass of orange juice. "Dig in Suga, I want to take you somewhere today."

I looked at the dark-haired man with suspicion in my eyes. "And how do I know I can trust you.."

"Suga- I'm your boyfriend-" Daichi peered at me in confusion, almost not even understanding what I had just said. 

I shook my head and gave a hearty laugh, "I guess that's a good enough reason," I moved my attention to the wonderfully smelling food in front of me and started to dig in. 

"Excuse me! That better be a good enough reason Kōshi!" Daichi dramatically sighed. I grinned and blew him a kiss, pointing to my eye, then to my heart, and finally moving my finger to point to him. This was my awkward way of trying to tell him that I love him. Daichi laughed before scooping scrambled eggs into his spoon and pulling it back before catapulting it towards my face.

"I love you too Kōshi~" Daichi had said right after the spoonful of eggs had hit me square in the face. I gasped, my mouth wide open in shock. 

"You did not just do that-" 

Daichi shrugged and went back to munching on a piece of bacon, "Do what?"

"Daichi Sawamura," Daichi quickly looked upwards, fear in his eyes, he knew never to mess with me when I called him by his full name, "You're going down." My mouth upturned into a smirk. Quickly grabbing the orange juice beside me, I shot the glass forward, drenching Daichi in a sticky orange liquid. 

He paused, looking down at himself, his mouth was slightly open in dismay. Daichi and I finally caught the eyes of each other, we both had smirks upon our faces. A couple of silent moments passed before we both fell into laughter. It was the kind of laughter that didn't stop, and with even one glance at the other, you began to laugh even more. It was the genuine kind of laughter and smiles that you see and think to yourself, 'Gosh I wish I was laughing like that.' However, it all came to a halt when I started to have trouble breathing, the gasping of air, the feel of almost choking on my lungs, my body growing weaker little by little. To sum it up, it wasn't a good feeling.