Chapter II

[IN THE MORNING]

- “Let’s go Taeyhung. The people are waiting and all the female employs are excited as Manager Sejin says. Hahaha.” My dad called me out.

- “I am coming.” I grabbed my stuff and started rushing through the stairs.

- “Woah woah –.” I slipped on the stairs and y/n held my hand.

- “Thank you, y/n. Otherwise today the company would’ve seen a new
successor with a broken leg, lol.” I started laughing.

- “That wasn’t funny at all.” She frowned.

- “Oh sorry.” I took my stuff.

- “Have a good day.” She said while adjusting my coat properly.

- “Thank you once again.” I left.

[AT THE COMPANY]

“Congratulations CEO.” The employs of the company gathered together to
congratulate me.

There were colorful balloons tied up. Some were filled with helium gas and other were just stick to wall filled with normal air. Few employs blew the party poppers when I entered. It seemed like this company was more like a family. I felt really overwhelmed.

I entered into my office. For my wonder they had prepared my favorite food and were served hot on my desk.

- "Thank you for this cool welcome party." I exclaimed.

- "Oh it was nothing. You like decent and simple one so that's why I kept it down." He said.

Somebody knocked on the door. It was dad's secretary. He came and whispered something in dad's ears.

- "Oh. Yeah. I completely forgot." He looked up at me.

- "I'll get going." He left.

I don't know what came up but surely it seemed like he was waiting for that
call. Though my father is a famous business man, I am well aware he is behind something illegal here or there.

I had files on my desk which had bio data of some people. It was for my
secretary appointment. I kept looking at the data and suddenly my eyes fell
upon that one blue file which had a name written over it which spelled 'Y/N'. I was confused. I went through the file and for my surprise she actually applied for the position. Oh god. I picked up my phone and dialed y/n's number.

- "Hey. You applied into our company for my secretary position?" I asked her.

- "Yes. Your father asked me too when you were not here. So I gave my bio data." She said while I heard my mom calling y/n.

- "Okay. I'll speak with you later." She said and she hung up.

I started searching for a space where I could keep the files because the files
were occupying much space on my desk. I found a space down a cupboard so I took the files and bent down to keep them in the small space.
While I was keeping the files, my hand was hitting the back of the small
cupboard and I could hear the sound when we hit some hollow box. I thought there is something behind it.
I started searching for a hard object so that I could break the wooden slide. I couldn't find such. So I tried to search if I could pull out the slide.

Somehow I slide off the slide and there was a vertical box of a size a bit small than the cupboard in which it was kept. It had a lock but the lock was open.

I opened it and for my amaze I found a pen. The pen had a recorder in it. There was an envelope containing some pictures. I opened the envelope and I was shocked by the content it had.

There were few photos of my dad taken in a similar way a paparazzi takes pictures. There was a date written behind the photo. The date was of three years ago.

My dad is alive? What? Was someone keeping eyes on him? How is he alive? Where is he? What is this recorder?

I heard someone knocking on my door.

- “Sir, may I come in?” It was an employee.

- “Wait a min.” I said while keeping the box where it was.

- “Sir, Mr.CEO asked me to look after you until you choose your secretary. So do you need anything?” she asked.

- “No, I am fine. Where is my dad?” I asked her.

- “He had something which he needed to do, so he left.” She said while looking confused at me.

- “Okay. You can go. I will call you if I need anything.” I said.

I wiped my sweat which was dripping on my face despite the air conditioner was on. I sent a text to Y/N.

- “I want to talk to you. At night, after everyone sleeps, let’s meet.” I texted her and went to washroom.