Chapter 2

Luke jolted awake, his eyes squinting in the bright light. His head was throbbing from the pain of the nightmare, and his forehead was drenched with sweat. He could still hear Caleb's laugh mocking him in the back of his mind. Shifting in his seat, he heard someone groan behind him.

"Reggie?"

Now totally focused, Luke realized that Reggie, Alex, and him were sitting against a wall in a dark room, their hands tied behind their backs with duct tape.

Which seemed odd.

But then again...they were ghosts who had been resurrected by a teenage girl(who he had feelings for and constantly denied that fact) from 1995.

So technically, nothing really seemed that odd anymore.

Reggie stirred beside him again, his head tilting towards Luke.

"Five more minutes," Reggie mumbled.

"Reggie!" Luke screamed in his ear.

Reggie bolted upright. He looked at Luke with a frown, but only for a moment.

"Luke. Where are we?" He asked, his voice trembling.

"I don't know Reggie. I can't remember..."

Reggie nudged Alex's shoulder, and he slowly got up his mouth dripping with drool.

"Wait, what? Oh crap, did we die again?"

Luke looked at him in disbelief.

"Yeah, Alex. We died and we're in a dark room all alone all over again."

Alex leaned his head forward onto his knees.

"I knew it!"

Reggie kicked Luke in the shin. Luke shaked his head, trying to shake away everything and wake up, but quickly stopped as the pain spread.

'Were they dead? And more importantly, what happened?'

Luke snapped out of his thoughts as a chilling laugh rang throughout the room. And it was the same laugh from his nightmares. The one that had almost stolen his soul.

"Caleb," he stated in defiance. The boy's eyes went wide with shock as an almost invisible screen dropped down in front of them. Caleb's menacing smile popped up on the nearly transparent wall.

"Hello boys," he said, flashing a menacing smile. "Thanks for joining me tonight."

Luke's blood boiled when he heard his voice.

That-good-for-nothing ghoul.

Caleb noticed the grim expressions on their faces.

"Oh, don't be dull. You know why you're here."

The three boys shook their heads in unison. Caleb stared at them in imaginary shock and disappointment, but they all knew what he really felt.

Pure amusement.

"You don't? You didn't figure out my plan?"

The boys shook their heads again.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to do one of those cheesy speeches where I reveal my plan to you guys and you guys figure out a plot hole and destroy me."

He leaned into the table, his nails digging into the wood.

"But, this time it's a lot better than that. Oh, yes. Because this time I have leverage."

The screen shifted and revealed Julie lying on the floor next to a table, eyes tightly shut as if she was having a nightmare. Just looking at her made Luke's heart sink. She was so vulnerable, so...lifeless.