Chapter 6

Hey guys! So, if i'm being completely honest, I have written this story in advance, and I am finally posting it on a website, so that is why I am updating so quickly. Hope that doesn't destroy anyone.

No?

Okay, um...

Please, Please, Please comment! I don't want to sound desperate, but i LOVE constructive criticism and just hearing your overall thoughts. It really helps with my writing and I would really appreciate it!

Also, this finally has Alex's perspective and I LOVE him and his character, so having feedback would be so helpful with future fan-fictions.

 Thank you and now on with CHAPTER 6!

-----------

Caleb knew Luke and Julie had a strong connection. All he needed was a push or a pull so the connection would be so strong, they turned to flesh and bone. He wasn't stupid. He could feel the connection between them all, like a string that was strung a little too tight. Julie was already human, she could register pain. But the boys were only able to touch Julie. So he had a thought. Make her connection widen until it is so strong, the boys can turn human on their own. He didn't think it would actually work-he didn't know any of their things worked-until it did. When he pulled out the knife, he could practically taste the blood that was dripping off of the blade.

'Well, this is going better than I hoped.'

The scream that Luke let out next was just a bonus.

He shuffled through the dark, searching for the pulsing, electric coils. Squeezing his fist tight, he could see the purple streaks of neon light in the darkness.

But only three.

Which proved that Luke was human and he had indeed stabbed him. His power only had power over the undead, and Luke had become human, and was dying. Why did this seem just so easy for him? He hit something in the dark, and he could feel the body curl away from his touch. Squeezing the coils together, he could see it was Alex, practically motionless. He must have passed out, and now all he had to do was finish him off.

Unless the coils had already killed him.

He raised the knife above his head, light glinting off the silver blade.

Oh, this was too good. 

______________________________________________________

The light flashed in front of her eyes, purple and sinister. She placed a hand in front of her face, trying to block out the paralyzing light as she crawled closer to it. But she notices in the glow of the coil, that there is someone standing over Alex.

It's Caleb.

Julie freezes, fighting her heart and her mind.

She could save Alex's life. He was her family.

No.

She can't think that way.

The boys use her energy to become human. It's almost like they need her energy to live. At least, that's what she thought. She had to stop thinking about them. Had to get away from them. She wouldn't be able to help them if they made her human.

That's what her mind was telling her.

But her heart was trying to tell her to stay because she couldn't throw them away. They were family! They loved each other and cared for each other. They needed her.

But they didn't need her.

Julie felt a shadow fall upon her heart.

All they were ever doing was trying to protect her, to keep her safe. But all that ever did was hurt them. She pictured Luke's face, cloudy and weak.

God. They could never need her.

They didn't need her to kill them.

_____________________________________________

Alex didn't want to die. Sure, he already had died, but this was different. This time he would actually be leaving something behind. He would lose people he cared about, people he loved. His mind flashed to Julie, to Luke, Willie, Reggie, even Ray and Carlos. He finally had a family. He was finally being accepted for who he was. And now some guy in a suit was just going to take it all away. He had promised something better, an afterlife. Partying for all eternity. It was all a trick. And Alex hated being lied to.

He could hear someone shuffle beside him, and he cautiously opened his eyes. His head hurt, and his arms and legs were sore from trying to move and then being stuck in place. He didn't think he could feel pain if he was dead.

There it was.

If.

Ever since he died, there had never been a definite answer ever. The conversation he had with himself every day always left him with hundreds of questions.

They had died, and the night of their performance at the Orpheum Julie had made them come back to life but not fully and now he could feel all of this pain and he felt human, but he wasn't sure.

He could never be sure.

He grunted in frustration, annoyed at how it felt like the whole world was against him. And maybe it was. Maybe everything was going wrong because everyone just decided that the gay drummer who is apparently a ghost awakened since 1995, and is "very emotional" deserved to be punished for wanting to live again.

He understood all of that.

Well, maybe not the "very emotional" part, but...

Another shuffle snapped him out of his thoughts. But this time it seemed a little less distant. The coils around him pulsed purple again, and for a moment he could feel them loosen.

He heard a soft thud, and a light tap, no, more like a light shove, against his back. The purple lights flashed again, this time faster and faster, until they stopped, almost as if they burned out.

Alex closed his eyes, afraid to face whatever hidden dangers he thinks he might be facing.

Because he knew he was facing something.

Pulling himself together as much as he could, he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

When he finally found the courage to open his eyes, the light was so bright he closed them all over again. Squinting to adjust to the light, he slowly opened his eyes to find himself on the studio floor.