Chapter 4

The Gods must favor us today because as we reach our first class after lunch, we find out that we have a substitute teacher!

"Thank goodness man, I wasn't really feeling science class today!" JJ says as he surveys the room.

"I know, if I see one more periodic element I think I may lose it!"

JJ points to the back of the room. "Let's grab a seat in the back and go on some forums. I want to see if anyone else found the box."

I nod in agreement. We both settle in and pull out our phones to start searching on the official EDGE forum and other websites where people discuss the game.

"Man, these comments are crazy!" as I point at the screen. Everyone's so upset about the game being shut down."

JJ flicks his finger across his phone as he scrolls through the comments.

"I know man. People are really going in."

"I don't see any mention anywhere of the Savage Box."

"That's because you are ice cold man! Coldddddd Bloooooddddddeeeeed" JJ sings out in his best Dave Chappelle/Rick James voice. "I mean, your skills are that good that you're the only one that's discovered it!"

"Not so loud man, don't want to let the whole world know."

JJ shuts his mouth and fakes zipping up his lips.

For the next 30 minutes, we dive deeper and deeper into the forums. Our search turns up nothing. A side of me is relieved that no one else seems to have cracked the code. The other part of me is nervous that I'm not taking advantage of the tools that I discovered.

As we continue searching out of the corner of my eye, I see something sparkle in the light. My heart skips a beat as I notice Isabel walking towards us. JJ taps me on the leg and whispers to act normal.

"I know dummy. Don't embarrass me!"

All JJ can do is laugh before Isabel reaches us.

"Ummm, hey, Oliver?" Isabel says.

"Uhhh, he...hey Isabel," I answer, trying to act as cool as possible. "Whatsup?"

I wonder how she knows my name.

My heart is pumping wildly now!

Isabel extends her arm.

"You dropped this in the cafe."

In her hand was my EDGE keychain with my name on it.

"Oh...umm thank you."

I reach out to grab my keychain from her as I try to play off my shock and disappointment. I know I look like a loser....AGAIN!

JJ chimes in.

"Isabel, whatup! Question for you, do you play EDGE?"

For real JJ? Really!! Does she look like she plays EDGE? Why don't you just ask her what color panties she's wearing? If I had to guess it would be blue. Light blue, she would look pretty good in that.

She hesitates for a second.

"Ya, actually I do. Me and a few friends play in the arena all the time. You two play?"

For a brief moment, time completely stops, and I hear the angels in heaven singing and wedding bells ringing. Even my heart gets in on the action, thumping all over the place!

Focus O, focus.

JJ breaks the silence. "No way! We were just talking about how crazy it is that they're shutting down EDGE!"