Prologue

{In Loving Memory}

"Only In the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love"

-George Eliot

༻❁༺

All Rights Reserved © 2021 Alaa Adele

No part of this book may be reproduced or retransmitted in any form (including, but not limited to, photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods) without the prior written consent of the copyright holder/publisher. Any infringement is a violation of copyright law.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events, and incidents are the product of the authors' imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, dead or living is purely coincidental.

༻❁༺

I have said goodbye with a lie. When I left, I knew I would never return.

I have said goodbye with angry words streaming out of my mouth that I wished I had chewed, and swallowed instead.

With so many tears I had bid farewell, those tears that I hid so well in the zenith of my emotions.

All I know is that the uncomfortable suffering was too much and parting was the only way to stem the emotional bleeding.

Leaving killed my soul as surely as a dagger would stop the heart from beating.

It wasn't easy to leave, even when it was the only option available.

If there was no hope at all I would stay by your side and choose to die in the dark.

I pray that you understand, pray that you keep our love alive in your soul, I will never denounce what we had.

You deserve to be someone's everything, the reason their heartbeats, the one they come to when the world feels tough.

You need someone to listen, the way lovers do, as if your words are silk. So please, be okay and move on.

Love is the only path we should follow.

So don't think of this as abandonment, dear Grace, know that there is such sadness in leaving a place of strong love, a place where fond memories grew.

I know I will savor each memory so strongly. I know that even though we are far apart, the petals of our once love will hold us together, in loving memory.

You were always there, waiting to shower me with the love you always did. But right now it is my time to leave, to do what I want to do, to make the changes and the sacrifices that are necessary.

Don't think that me leaving means I love you less, know that it means I love you more.

Henry.