~Prolouge: Reflection (Jack)~

2.5 years ago....

I was walking out to hang out for my day. I had a really strange gut feeling to go to Vulcan's house for the holidays. I figured it was because of shit, perhaps my ever-growing feelings just wanted me to confess.... perhaps our relationship could extend further.

I know the risk. I know she is in extreme depression because she has been bullied heavily for being a massive nerd, and for being gay. Josiah has told me she has attempted suicide, but she has, according to him, grown better. According to my gut feeling, it hasn't. I arrive at the door, and take a deep breath.

It'll be okay.

I knock at the door, no response. I thought maybe she was sleeping, so I got on discord to hopefully get a hold of her. Suddenly, my gut tells me to knock the door down, and with hesitation, I kick it down just as I notice her, about to pull the trigger.

"Claire, no! Don't do it! I'm begging you!"

"It's not worth it, Jack. This is my final word. Please, leave me alone. I know this is for the best."

She pulls the trigger, and I knock it out of her hands. I quickly throw the gun away, while she looks at me in shock.

"Have you forgotten my farming background? You are 19! You can handle this for yourself. Please, don't do this. For me. For Ga- I mean Josiah. Please, don't do it."

I watched her slowly relax her body, and quickly, the depression fell out of her eyes, and joy replaced it. She quickly opened her arms for a hug, and I accepted them joyfully. I picked her up, and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek, which caused her cheeks to light up.

I lifted her head towards my face, and sat her down at a table, in her cold, dark house. I sat down and moved a chair close to hers. I put my hands on her chin, lifting it towards me. Through my tears, I sobbed out,

"V-Vulcan, you scared the fuck out of me. The question is why? Why would you kill yourself?"

"I felt my life wasn't worth it. The bullies were right. I'll forever have a crookeded path. Why did I even let you in?"

I was shocked by her words. Why, would she even be brought to the brink of killing herself. I mentally cursed about the bullies. Why didn't I stand up to her? So many regrets went through my head. It was almost intoxicating. I sobbed even more at those words, shocking Vulcan.

"J-Jack, I didn't mean to make you cry. I didn't kn-"

I quickly ended her apology with a swift kiss. I smiled, and softly said,

"Does that show how much I care about you?"

"Y-yes."

"Good. Please don't scare me again. Tell me all about your feelings."

Suddenly, I watched as Claire began sobbing really hard. This too made some tears fall out of my eyes. We sat in somber silence until Claire then spoke up,

"I've been feeling suicidal ever since I was told that I would never fit in. T-that I would never find love. These bullies.... they did more than mental pain. They beat me up. Even though I can hold my own, they usually did it so no scars occurred. I-it was the worst feeling in my life. I don't like how my life has to be like this."

Well, it can be better with me I guess?
Wait, what did I say?

As I in love with her? I am pretty sure I am. This is a very strange feeling my heart. But again, I've been through the exact same thing. I was bullied before I met her. I almost committed suicide until a sudden force at the last minute let me know it was going to be okay.

"Listen, I've been through the same thing. It will be okay, you can make it through this. I know it's hard, but you can do this. I know you can."

She silently looked at me. I worried for a second that I would have accidentally hurt her feelings. I could feel my palms sweating.

Suddenly, a storm was brewing outside. It was loud, and thundering. I could tell it's getting late. Knowing I must get home, I said,

"Hey, it's a storm outside. It's been nice seeing you, bu-"

"No, you are staying here. I don't trust myself. Please, sleep close to me, or even fuck, sleep with me. Please."

I sighed and went down and got ready. I was forced to sleep my clothes, and I watched as Vulcan got in bed, and I got in. This was heaven. I wished I could do it everyday, but I wasn't even sure if she liked me.

Now, two years later, this lack of confession would bite me in the back. It started on the very day I got the Hanakai disease.....

Damn..... that was a grim chapter am I right? Well, if you like it, I can continue! Gimme cover art ideas!!!

Anyways, peace.