Chapter 6

𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

Finally, the practice is over...

I had around two hours left to get ready for the show.

Perfect.

I was sitting on my bed before I got up and put on my black hoodie and a pair of black baggy pants.

Pulling up the hood over my head, I started walking out of my tent towards the other end of the circus, trying my best not to be noticed by others.

After about five minutes of walking, I came to a small tent filled with various tools used for fixing broken planks, pierced acrobatic balls, torn tent fabric etc.

I looked around for a bit before noticing a gasoline can in the far right "corner" of the tent.

Exactly what I needed.

I took the can and and held it under my chest while walking towards the main tent.

Placing the can down, I got on one knee and unscrewed the cap.

I looked around to make sure no one was there and got up, pouring the gasoline around the tent.

"It should be enough to start a fire.

It's going to spread around eventually..."

I put the cap back on and walked to the tent with tools and put the can back on its place.

...

Rustling.

Someone's here.

I quickly hid under the tool table, waiting until it was safe to come out.

Madeliene.

"I could've sworn I heard something." - she said, looking around the tent.

"I guess I could do something, since I'm already here..." - her evil smile spread across her face as she said it.

I saw her take a screwdriver and walk out of the tent.

"What is she up to..?"

Slowly getting up from under the table, I decided to follow her.

She came up to my tent, the screwdriver still in her hand.

"What the fuck..?

Oh my... S-she isn't planning to do what I think she is...

...Is she?"

Crack.

I looked down only to see I stepped on a branch.

Madeliene turned around as I quickly hid behind a tent nearby, carefully peeking from behind it to see what she's up to.

"Must've been my imagination... Heh." - she sounded a little scared as she said that.

As she entered my tent, I could hear her loud sigh of dissatisfaction.

I got a bit closer to my tent, making sure no one saw me, especially Madeliene.

"I guess she's not here... Huh..."

"No way...

Did she actually want to kill me in my sleep?"

"I guess this will be good enough..." - she said, a hint of evil in her voice.

I peeked from behind the "door" of my tent to see what she was doing.

She was loosening the screws on my bed with such an evil smile on her face as if she was committing some sort of a big crime.

It's not like I can't sleep on the floor or tighten the screws back.

After all, I do keep a screwdriver under my pillow since it could come in handy in a lot of cases.

After she was finally done, she put the screwdriver under her belt and patted it before placing her hands on her hips and smiling proudly.

"Now, the tent." - she said, turning around as I quickly moved away so she couldn't see me.

She walked out and kneeled before the tent wedge and started to pull it out of the soil.

After she pulled the wedge almost all the way out, she got up and did the same to rest of the wedges.

She knows others will trip over the wedges and that it's going to make the tent fall apart.

Does she want me to get in trouble *that* badly?

"Finally, the last one." - she pulled the last wedge out just as she said it.

"Hopefully this makes her at least twist a bone."

...

"Wow.

Real mature, Madeliene."

She spun around, a small smile of pure evil clearly visible on her oh-so-perfect face.

I sneaked back into my tent and sat on the floor, taking out my screwdriver from under the pillow and quickly tightened the screws back.

After Madeliene left, I got out and pushed the wedges back into the soil.

Getting back inside, I took off my hoodie and the pants and put my normal clothes back on.

"Finally, I can rest." - I thought as I plopped on my bed as it's joins squeeked from the sudden pressure of my body pressing against it.

"They shouldn't be able to smell the gasoline.

Other smells are much stronger so it shouldn't be an issue.

Now I just have to burn the tent during the sh-"

"Katie, sweetie! Are you in here? The show is about to start, you have to hurry and get ready!"

"Coming, mother!"

I quickly got up and walked out of the tent, my mother hugging me tightly.

"Come on, now! You have to put on your make-up and get your props ready!" - she said happily, pulling me by the wrist before speedwalking to the main tent with me stumbling behind her as I tried to keep up.

"There should be a box of matches on my make-up table.

I'll light it up and throw it at the soaked bottom of the tent just before my part comes.

And just like that, I'll run out and leave everyone to burn...

They'll get what they deserve."